Subject: In time for Christmas? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zane Alan
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Will this be out in time for Christmas?

I have an order placed for it (on Coolstuff) - I could've sworn I saw somewhere that it'd come out in time?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Martin
United States
Fort Leavenworth
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Meh, I've given up hope. I was pretty excited about it, but feel like Plaid Hat really dropped the ball. Plus their communication is terrible. I expect I might get it before GenCon 2018...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Gitis
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Grim6 wrote:
Meh, I've given up hope. I was pretty excited about it, but feel like Plaid Hat really dropped the ball. Plus their communication is terrible. I expect I might get it before GenCon 2018...

You must perfect the art of patience!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q48GD7hZ_7I

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A S
msg tools
mbmbmb
Grim6 wrote:

Agreed. I emailed them a couple of weeks ago and they said Q1 '18. But they put out all of that hype back in the summer and then haven't made an official peep since.

If I were PHG, I would have A) slowed down the hype train until I at least had an approximate release date and B) would assign someone to check in on BGG every once in a while.

Still looking forward to the game, but I think PHG overreached in trying to get Stuffed Fables out in time for X-Mas (which is what I'm assuming caused the hold-up).

Bah, humbug.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Martin
United States
Fort Leavenworth
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
agiorgitis wrote:
Grim6 wrote:

You must perfect the art of patience!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q48GD7hZ_7I

I completely agree! Patience ha been on my to-do list for a while, but I've found it takes too long to develop...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A S
msg tools
mbmbmb
Brighten35 wrote:
Will this be out in time for Christmas?

I have an order placed for it (on Coolstuff) - I could've sworn I saw somewhere that it'd come out in time?

Coolstuff says December, Amazon says May.

Would LOVE to hear from PHG on this...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Furen
msg tools
I've mailed them twice about this game. Just very casually asked them for any kind of heads-up. They haven't even bothered to reply.

A month ago I decided that I'd wait until Crystal Clan is released, buy it, and then I'm finished with Plaid Hat Games until they start to show an interest in what their customers have to say.

It makes me really sad. I've held PHG in high esteem for a long while. They make pretty games (pretty-ish) based on really solid game mechanics. Their rulebooks read like a ton of bricks, but I forgive that thanks to the gameplay being absolutely great. But this lousy customer service (or complete lack thereof) is what lost them the last ounce of credibility they had in my eyes.

The reason I write this here is not to vent anger or spread malcontent. I want the message to reach Plaid Hat Games so that they see what they can do to improve.

But for now, we can only wait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Gitis
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Christmas 2018 is not that far away!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A S
msg tools
mbmbmb
*** what follows is pure conjecture and if PHG would like to set me straight, I am perfectly okay with that ***

In my completely uneducated view, there seem to be a few companies in similar situations.

Level 99 seems to be rolling with the punches very well due to what I gather is their ability to delegate. They seem to have multiple games in the works at once, but have separate teams dedicated to each one.

One Deck Dungeon has apparently run into some hiccups, but I only know that because they send me earnest emails about it every week.

PHG seems to have chosen an alternate route of radio silence on the subject of Crystal Clans. I normally wouldn't notice this sort of thing except I am genuinely excited about the game, such that it comes to mind every other day or so.

I understand if Stuffed Fables blew up bigger than they expected. I understand if the switching of artists midstream on Ashes is throwing them for a loop.

I just wish they would say *something* about CC without having to be grabbed by the lapels first.

Still looking forward to the game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.