Aeon's End» Forums » Variants

Subject: Supply Pool Randomizer Online rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pian Sancho
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hallo

I just started to build easy to use Supply Pool Randomizer. It's not just about randomly select 9 cards. I had few things in mind doing this randomizer.

1. Don't have to pull out Randomizer set. Just my phone.
2. Randomized cards are balanced - I don't get the best set, but I'll not have useless supply that drives me down
3. Balanced supply pool makes plays more even - Nemesiss Tire 4 is not harder because I have crappy SP
4. I can choose to have more aggressive or functional pool

With that in mind i scanned all cards (all addons, etc), made nice singles, insterted them to database and started to make some randomization.
As we all know the cost of card is not its grade. Sometimes cheaper cards are better. Knowing this i set for each card a "weight" for its aggressivness and functionality.
Now I have randomizer that:

1. [Random] - picks random sets of cards that are... random
2. [Aggressive ] - picks cards focused on dealing damage
3. [Utility] - picks cards that are more functional
4. [Mixed] - add aggressivnes and functionaliy and weights cards that are fair in both
5. Displays Supply Pool view organized by cost and type - so one can just pick the cards out of the box just by viewing picture

I have another method of randomizing cards but I need testers

I've played several times Legacy version and WE. I've put the weights of cards as I feel. I need you, who played this game much more than me to help me grading the cards. If you feel like you can help me post a comment and soon I'll post my card gradings that this randomizer uses.

Tell we what do you think about this, do you find it usefull, should I add something to it and what to change.

http://pianandrill.tk/aeon.php
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Pinheiro
Portugal
flag msg tools
mb
This is great! Still need to try it! In the future would love this as a App and that I could choose the heroes&nemesis I want to play and it would create a pool optimized for them, of course with so much content, this must be impossible xD
Great work! I'm glad this is easy to see on my phone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Comboteur "Crazed 'Beastface' Survivor" Fou
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
1. You're a Legacy tester?
You're allowed to share that?

2. You're aware of the official randomizer? made by Kevin.

3. You don't let the players select their expansions. Also, you don't randomize mages and nemeses.
Is Drown in Flames available?

4. Are you forcing default setup, or are extreme markets (such as 1 gem, no relic, 8 spells) possible with your randomizer?

5. Would you be willing to share your scanned cards so we can start doing weekly conversations again
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Hoffmann
Germany
Bochum
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice. But both tools are missing one thing. I like to configure to have at least one card or skill which can heal gravehold or players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pian Sancho
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:

You got me there... but its just a community tool.

Razoupaf wrote:
2. You're aware of the official randomizer? made by Kevin.

Yes, but I wanted to focus on being it smartphone friendly and to have controlled randomization algorythm.

Razoupaf wrote:
3. You don't let the players select their expansions. Also, you don't randomizer mages and nemeses.

Its far from finished. I think its time to ask for help from other players (and I was right, as You instantly provide with ideas). Its good idea to have Heros and Nemessies randomization but actualy its so simple that I can implement it any time - it will take me more time to scan it and prepare the view As I see it it would be separate tab - we don't need it on one clunky view

Razoupaf wrote:
4. Are you forcing default setup, or are extreme markets (such as 1 gem, no relic, 8 spells) possible with your randomizer?

Its just default setup, most cannonical I would say. Extreme Supply Pool are nice feature and I think its right direction and there is no problem implementing them. Now I want to focus on most balanced and usefull starting setup. Extreme markets should be clearly statet and i think it should be an option rather than default.
To be honest I never played with wierd setup You pointed... I wonder why...

Razoupaf wrote:
5. Would you be willing to share your scanned cards so we can start doing weekly conversations again

Ofcourse, I have them scanned and cut 4x bigger. In fact frame is fixed from one card and "inside" is cut out and positioned from each card.
As you mentioned (I did not thought about that) I should have permission from game designers. In fact I would gladly work with one of them to provide good randomization engine.

lvlurphy wrote:
Nice. But both tools are missing one thing. I like to configure to have at least one card or skill which can heal gravehold or players.

Good idea. I think we could grow it to more options like: card destruction, charges ramp, etc. and ofcourse expansion selection as Razoupaf mentioned.

Archidelic wrote:
This is great! Still need to try it! In the future would love this as a App and that I could choose the heroes&nemesis I want to play and it would create a pool optimized for them, of course with so much content, this must be impossible xD
Great work! I'm glad this is easy to see on my phone.

Thank You all for quick response. This is interesting question, but answare is simple: no. Why? because there is only 88 card types in whole game (I know I processed each of them). If You radomize those cards to feat your opponent you would be better to just pick them by yourselfe making it that much easier to defeat him. The point is that it would actualy be almost not random.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K M
msg tools
Having a randomizer that works on mobile is pretty great! One request would be to allow us to select our expansions since some of us don't own everything (yet).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Vallina
United States
Buffalo
NY
flag msg tools
if I'm Andy, is Zack April? seems right...
badge
"When I get bummed out, I take my shirt off because the bad feelings make me feel sweaty."
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:

I think they mean Aeon's End and War Eternal. Not Aeon's End Legacy and War Eternal..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pian Sancho
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Netslummer wrote:
Razoupaf wrote:

I think they mean Aeon's End and War Eternal. Not Aeon's End Legacy and War Eternal..

Yes, ofcourse, but I still did not got permission at that time I pm'ed Kevin 'qxc' Riley and it seems he doesn't mind.

K M wrote:
One request would be to allow us to select our expansions since some of us don't own everything (yet).

Yes, true. Razoupaf already pointed that out. I'm working on it. Today I've updated the database so it has all information about expansions. Now I need to add buttons and appropriate actions. Tomorrow should be ready.

As it slowly grows (functions wise) script got a bit more complicated so its time to make it object oriented. Need a little time to make it more flexible.

I'll post new changes here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Netslummer wrote:
Razoupaf wrote:

I meant to ask whether they were allowed to state that they are playtesters for Legacy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Vallina
United States
Buffalo
NY
flag msg tools
if I'm Andy, is Zack April? seems right...
badge
"When I get bummed out, I take my shirt off because the bad feelings make me feel sweaty."
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
Netslummer wrote:
Razoupaf wrote:

I meant to ask whether they were allowed to state that they are playtesters for Legacy.
No I understood the question. I was stating that I think you misunderstood what they meant by 'legacy'.

why wouldnt someone be able to say they're a playtester?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin 'qxc' Riley
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Playtesters of AE:legacy are allowed to state that they are such, but not much more than that. We have a pretty strict NDA right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pian Sancho
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just making a note - I'm still working on this randomizer.
What I did so far:

1. rewrited script to be object oriented - makes possible to quickly implement new features
2. added info about addons, what card is from where
3. easy method to select addon "filter"
4. implemented easy setup option so its easy to choose 1 gem, 3 relics, 5 spells or anything you like
5. some query improvements

Unfortunately there is no interface for those changes I'm working on it right now. There is much to test. First thing is to make this interface easy to operate and not too big. Second importand thing is to make it stay smartphone friendly. With more complicated interface it will be not that easy.

I'll try to prototype at saturday simple form interface:
1. Choose style (random, aggressive, etc)
2. Choose expansions
3. Choose setup patern

With setup pattern I'm thinking about setting few most common setups or make it possible for user to input values 2 gems, 3 relics, 4 spells.
I will not make setups witch let you set the cost of cards, its not needed as randomizer picks setups mostly avarage by adding weight of cards.

Soon I'll post chart with weights of cards as I fixed them - I know they are not ideal so I'll need your help on that too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pian Sancho
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just made new version of Randomizer with a bit of interface:
1. You can select what content you own, but it doesn't check if its legit (yet), so after selecting just The Depths it failes to randomize a set of cards
2. By hitting randomization style it displays new resoults
3. Randomizer "remebers" what you have picked, so you can just hit Random again and again
4. Unfortunatly it's html FORM method POST so you can't just click F5 or back, it will screw the view (there are some ways to make it work but it its take time, so not right now)
5. Setups don't work yet (they will tomorrow, i hope) - I need to rethink how to design interface for them. I could make it like it shows (pick one) or let user input numbers by himselfe. The second method is less usefull at smartphone.

All got little more complicated as I started to make some interface selection. I had to make it respond to inputs but also make it aware of errors and handling it.

It's still crude interface and I'll work on making it more pleasend.

I came up with cool idea of makeing "saves" of this interface. It looks usefull at my testing script (not the live one).

http://pianandrill.tk/aeon.php
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin 'qxc' Riley
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like your 1-3-5 and 2-4-3 buttons are both 1-3-5 buttons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
qxc0 wrote:

3-2-4 is actually 1-3-5 too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pian Sancho
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
qxc0 wrote:

3-2-4 is actually 1-3-5 too.

5. Setups don't work yet

They are just there for visual purpose.

[edit] ...and now they work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pian Sancho
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Long time no update.

This one is small but I hope it's usefull for You (it is for me).
Tokens!

Each randomization generates token. You can copy this token and use it letter at this same field to bring previous randomizer setup. Token contains information about randomly chosen cards, its like "save". It also conrains info about Your randomizer settings (chosen setup, extensions and randomization style).

I've been playing around with this randomizer and it works quite good. After few gameplays it feels more even, more secure supply pool. Not yet perfect (I dont think it ment to be) but it plays better.

I'll try make some table today with my chosen weights to cards. Maybe You have some sugestions.

Try new features.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.