Fallout» Forums » General

Subject: Card 024 possible spoilers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Flottmann
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
I was playing solo on the beginning mission and my current quest was to remove all stars. I completed it and was told to add card 024. The card confused me. Can someone explain what I was supposed to do? Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Scatliff
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
It's about time, too.
badge
I hate overtext but love irony.
mbmbmbmbmb
First, just to avoid confusion and be a little more precise, you needed to stage 24. not add it. "Add" has a very specific meaning. But I'll assume that stage is what you meant. Now...

Spoiler (click to reveal)
1. Place the quest marker, as instructed, at C.I.T. This represents a Courser (a nasty synth who wants to kill Railroad agents).
2. If the end-of-round agenda card tells you to move [star] units (Railroad agents), they don't move as normal. Instead, they move directly towards the quest marker (still one space at a time though).
3. At the end of each "round" (meaning right after doing the agenda deck enemy activation), look at the Courser's space. If there are any [star] faction enemies there (which will happen as they move towards it), remove them all from that space and do nothing else. If, on the other hand, there were no [star] enemies on its space, move the Courser one space towards the Railroad map location.

This quest ends when one of these things happens:
a) The Courser arrives at his destination (the Railroad).
b) Somebody spends 8 caps at a settlement to derail his mission.

Hope that helps.

Some clarification:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
You stated that the mission immediately preceding this one had you eliminate all [star] enemies from the map. So, in your situation, the Courser would immediately start moving towards Railroad since there are no [star] tokens on its space. Unless new [star] enemies are spawned and start moving to stop him, the quest won't take long to finish. So anyone who doesn't want it to finish better find some caps to spend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Flottmann
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
Would agenda cards put stars on the board during enemy activation? Why I was confused it talked about stars moving but not sure why they would ever be back after eliminated. I watches a play Through on YouTube and he added stars with the agenda.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Scatliff
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
It's about time, too.
badge
I hate overtext but love irony.
mbmbmbmbmb
Flotty057 wrote:
Would agenda cards put stars on the board? Why I was confused it talked about stars moving but not sure why they would ever be back after eliminated. I watches a play Through on YouTube and he added stars with the agenda.

Agenda cards don't spawn faction enemies, but other cards might. There are multiple YouTube rules video for this game which get things wrong and are doing a serious disservice to the community. Unfortunate, that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Flottmann
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
Thanks for your help. It’s much appreciated

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.