Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Cruelty_to_horses [+] [View All]
Shawn Hollon
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
Played a legacy game. While the concept of them i absolutely find fascinating, the fact that they are one-use games turns me off from ever purchasing one. If you could simply reset so you can play with other groups would be the way to go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernie Bilko
United States
Roseville
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played the 'Never have I ever' game whilst not drinking. Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Oliver
United States
Argyle
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shollon9418s wrote:
Played a legacy game. While the concept of them i absolutely find fascinating, the fact that they are one-use games turns me off from ever purchasing one. If you could simply reset so you can play with other groups would be the way to go.

You mean like Gloomhaven, with the optional removable/reuseable stickers.

Or Charterstone, with the recharge kit.

Or Fabled Fruit, which doesn't destroy anything, but, changes the deck you use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools

Shouldn't this thread be moved to News? Then more people will find out what somebody hasn't done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kell
United States
Lino Lakes
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Also I'm pretty sure you can avoid damaging the stuff, it's just a little more work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher Hickman
United States
St. Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Gaming Unplugged since... 2016
mbmbmbmbmb
Never have I ever...

Played a deck building game that has a quick and easy tear down...
Regretted a custom wooden insert...
Played a Lacerda or Lauket Game...
Lost at Carcassonne...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kate
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this just another thread complaining about legacy games, or do you want people to play along?

If the latter, what are the rules? Does it have to be game related? Should I be drinking while I type? How will you know if I’m lying?

Here’s my entry: never have I ever been passive aggressive on the Internet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Fox
New Zealand
Titirangi
Auckland
flag msg tools
mb
Never have I ever played an 18XX game. Would I ever? Never say never.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Oliver
United States
Argyle
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
acklevoy wrote:
Is this just another thread complaining about legacy games, or do you want people to play along?

If the latter, what are the rules? Does it have to be game related? Should I be drinking while I type? How will you know if I’m lying?

Here’s my entry: never have I ever been passive aggressive on the Internet.

Hmmm, I think your entry may be a lie. But, I don't know the penalty for challenging you if I am wrong...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Never have I ever...

...played Pandemic Legacy: Season 1 (but I wouldn't mind doing so some day.

...said "no" when asked to play a game I hate. (but I want to someday)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Keiser
United States
Waunakee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shot myself with a crossbow or eaten bad clams.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
darthhugo wrote:
shot myself with a crossbow or eaten bad clams.

That still left me with all afternoon to get into trouble...

laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ess Why
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
complained about legacy games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KristopherHickman wrote:
Never have I ever...

Played a deck building game that has a quick and easy tear down...

Try Clank? Of the deck builders that I own, it seems to clean up very quickly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Never have I ever...

eaten green eggs and ham while playing a legacy game, said Sam I am...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dillenbeck
United States
Deerfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shollon9418s wrote:

Have you ever gone to a movie theater to view a trilogy of films? A rock concert? A play? Out to a nice place to eat?

All of those things could easily cost the same or more than a single legacy game, and most will give you fewer hours of entertainment.

However, if you concern is the potential waste stream a legacy game will cause, then you have a legitimate concern. Myself, I scan and print on while mailing labels, sleeve cards and sticker the sleeves (which still makes some waste), and lay a plastic sheet over the boards and sticker/draw on it (you could make a folding one out of transparency sheets and some transparent tape, then use C-clamp binders to hold it on during play). Making "resettable" Legacy games will reduce the waste stream a good deal, and to those who say Legacy is about destroying the game I say for me it is about the prior game play influencing the starting state of the next game (but feel free to destroy it if you want).

Oh, the "Never Have I Ever" game? Um... Never have I ever made a short post that most readers on the internet are comfortable with reading. I stick to writing these verbose novels.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andres Montanes-Lleras
Colombia
Bogota
flag msg tools
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE (PLAYER)
badge
My first children's fantasy novel EL DRAGÓN DE VAPOR (illustrations by Marcos Toledo Porras)
mbmbmbmbmb
Played any of the current top 50 games on Board Game Geek.

At least in the specified version and physical form (I have played The War of the Ring First Edition and the Patchwork app).

I am also getting Scythe for Christmas, so this will stop being true in a few days. whistle

Other interesting Never have I ever:

- Like the OP, played a legacy games (though I can understand the appeal this type of games have, it is just not my cup of tea)

- Played Catan (though my uncle has me schedule to play during the holidays)

- Be part of a gaming group (and probably will never be, since I am more and more focused on solo play these days)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hello there
badge
Hello there
mbmbmbmbmb
Verbosity wrote:
shollon9418s wrote:

Have you ever gone to a movie theater to view a trilogy of films? A rock concert? A play? Out to a nice place to eat?

All of those things could easily cost the same or more than a single legacy game, and most will give you fewer hours of entertainment.

However, if you concern is the potential waste stream a legacy game will cause, then you have a legitimate concern. Myself, I scan and print on while mailing labels, sleeve cards and sticker the sleeves (which still makes some waste), and lay a plastic sheet over the boards and sticker/draw on it (you could make a folding one out of transparency sheets and some transparent tape, then use C-clamp binders to hold it on during play). Making "resettable" Legacy games will reduce the waste stream a good deal, and to those who say Legacy is about destroying the game I say for me it is about the prior game play influencing the starting state of the next game (but feel free to destroy it if you want).

Oh, the "Never Have I Ever" game? Um... Never have I ever made a short post that most readers on the internet are comfortable with reading. I stick to writing these verbose novels.

Never have I ever read your entire post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Marl
United States
Picksburd
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
played a monster wargame (Case Blue, Campaign for North Africa, etc)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Mulholland
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Never have I ever rage-quit a game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shollon9418s wrote:
{Never have I ever} Played a legacy game. While the concept of them i absolutely find fascinating, the fact that they are one-use games turns me off from ever purchasing one.

Only one of those two sentences sentences applies for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Hollon
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
Verbosity wrote:
shollon9418s wrote:

Excellent ideas. I love the story aspect of what legacy games offer. I'm the type of person that would replay a game many times over and not just once or twice. If a legacy game was so awesome, then i would love to share the experience with new players too whenever possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
mbmbmbmbmb
Never have I ever:

* Played Twilight Imperium (but I recently purchased Twilight Imperium (Fourth Edition), so I'm keeping my fingers crossed).

* Walked out of a movie before it ended (no matter how bad it was)

* Been on a cruise (but for the past several years I have repeatedly said to my wife, "Let's go on a cruise next year.")

* Gone skiing (and I have no desire to try)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Hollon
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
futiles wrote:
shollon9418s wrote:

You mean like Gloomhaven, with the optional removable/reuseable stickers.

Or Charterstone, with the recharge kit.

Or Fabled Fruit, which doesn't destroy anything, but, changes the deck you use.

Will have to check these out. Thanks for the input.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin Woody
United States
Pottsboro
Texas
flag msg tools
I'm trying to reform though.
badge
On the restless road to nowhere, there's no certain peace it seems.
mbmbmbmbmb
fambans wrote:
played a monster wargame (Case Blue, Campaign for North Africa, etc)

Not even Atlantic Wall?

I thought every wargamer had to give that one a try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.