United States
Wesley Chapel
Florida
flag msg tools
No matter where you go, there you are.
badge
Preserve Our Wildlife!
mbmbmbmbmb
At long last. The wait is over. I backed the kickstarter only cards through the last kickstarter and waited impatiently for the game to see another printing. I got an email and ordered the game/expansion hours later.

It arrived a few days ago. I played it. It was well worth the wait. In fact I blinged it out with new chessex dice. Purely a cosmetic upgrade, but fun just the same.

I'll provide a proper review after I have played it a few more times and also played with different player counts.

But the short story is the game seems fantastic so far. Vastly underrated if only because it's so short printed. If he still has any copies left, go ahead and get yourself a copy along with the expansion.

I hate solo games. I gave up on them. The only solo game I own and enjoy is Friday. ...Hero's Journey Home is the second solo game I'm keeping.

Review to follow...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Cranfield

Virginia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah so great to hear! I’m glad you’re enjoying it so far. I playtested it with Chessex so can appreciate the quality upgrade. Very nice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Parker
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget to try out the hard mode variant:
https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/153488/hard-mode-varient
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alea jacta est
United States
Wesley Chapel
Florida
flag msg tools
No matter where you go, there you are.
badge
Preserve Our Wildlife!
mbmbmbmbmb
jparkerweb wrote:
Don't forget to try out the hard mode variant:
https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/153488/hard-mode-varient

So far the game seems.to be just right. Card draw can make difficult already if u draw tough monsters early. The restrictions of the hard mode seem like an odd variant, but I'll give em a go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atari 2600
United States
California
flag msg tools
I use a die to determine the hero that will be attacked

It really adds fun to the game and it forces to keep the whole party strong and balanced.

I may also add a variant where you need to return with an X amount of gold

Or maybe that the hero dies along with the god once the god uses all of the three wishes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.