Mage Knight Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: Using Shades of Tezla tokens in solo conquest scenario rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Neff
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Shades of Tezla rulebook says that the new tokens can be mixed in for any scenario (or not, as desired), but I recently heard it suggested on a YouTube video that the designer recommends that only the core and Lost Legion tokens be used.

I'm not sure what is best. I have been using the Shades tokens for solo conquest, largely because of the variety, but I'm curious if there is a consensus out there on this issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RyuSora
Brazil
Sao Paulo
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I dont play solo conquest that much... but i always use all enemy tokens, but for tezla tokens i use the variant to receive 1 extra XP instead of the special ability tokens...

As yourself, i also enjoy the variety.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Boberson
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Hover Harder
badge
You hoverin'?
mbmbmbmbmb
It's really about how much variability you want in the game. Just the base game tokens + the LL tokens make for a large pool of different enemies that you will have to consider before flipping over that token. It's my opinion that you should only mix in the Tezla tokens if you are looking for additional challenge or variation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco
United Kingdom
Loughborough
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ryusora wrote:
I dont play solo conquest that much... but i always use all enemy tokens, but for tezla tokens i use the variant to receive 1 extra XP instead of the special ability tokens...

As yourself, i also enjoy the variety.

Blitz conquest is my wife's favourite scenario and we always play it with the extra XP variant.

Of course it can be less balanced and more challenging, but we like to use all the tokens nevertheless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus
Italy
Torino
Piemonte
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
redboot wrote:
I recently heard it suggested on a YouTube video that the designer recommends that only the core and Lost Legion tokens be used.

video link?
thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.