United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the Diamond Mine, I'm not sure how to interpret this:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Merciless Overseer draws "Special 1: Scouts act AGAIN" with initiative 73
Vermling scouts draw initiative 79, attacks.

Do the scouts immediately act due to the special and then a second time on their turn? or does the special action 'fizzle' since the scouts haven't had their turn yet?

Am I reading too literally? The word 'again' doesn't imply 'twice' to me.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Willott
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question! This never came up in our game.
But the way it's worded in the scenario book
"immediately take an extra turn using the action card drawn" suggests that it doesn't matter if they've gone or not.

The text on the stat card seems to be just a reminder, as you'll also notice in the scenario book it specifies
the type and number of vermling spawned, while the card seems to suggest only one
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Brenner
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
Willottica wrote:
Good question! This never came up in our game.
But the way it's worded in the scenario book
"immediately take an extra turn using the action card drawn" suggests that it doesn't matter if they've gone or not.

The text on the stat card seems to be just a reminder, as you'll also notice in the scenario book it specifies
the type and number of vermling spawned, while the card seems to suggest only one

Just wanted to second this - The same situation came up in The Others a few months back, and it was decided that "again" really means "a second time regardless if the first condition was not met." It's just a quirk of rules writing that to write: "Vermlings act at this initiative using the same abilities from their action card this round" is simply too wordy, and "Again" gets used, which makes it sound like one is depending on the other, but it's not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
run it through normally:

1) You draw a Boss ability card, which says "Initiative X: Special 1"
2) You draw a Scout ability card, which says "Initiative Y: do stuff"
3) When it gets to Initiative X you do Boss special 1, which is to have the Scouts "do stuff"
4) When it gets to Initiative Y you have the Scouts "do stuff" (again)

OR, if X > Y

1) You draw a Boss ability card, which says "Initiative X: Special 1"
2) You draw a Scout ability card, which says "Initiative Y: do stuff"
3) When it gets to Initiative Y you have the Scouts "do stuff"
4) When it gets to Initiative X you do Boss special 1, which is to have the Scouts "do stuff" (again)

You really only have to follow the normal rules for a round and do what the cards tell you to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.