Charterstone» Forums » Rules

Subject: "Read second" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Elizabeth Nugent

Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My apologies if this is covered somewhere in the rules and I missed it, but our group was wondering. The table of which cards are in which crates has them categorized as "read first," "read second," "gain," etc. Is there any significance to the fact that many crates have a card listed in "read second" but nothing in "read first"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Ward
United States
Newport News
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, just a formatting thing. If it's the only card to read, just read it. (:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Israel Waldrom
New Zealand
Dunedin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that the only crates that have read first cards are the story related ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Blackburn
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you look at the very top it defines what's in the columns. I believe "Read First" also says "Rules" or something like it, so anything that doesn't fall into that category isn't in that column.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Herring
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So what happens if it says to read a rule you haven’t discovered yet? Just ignore it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure, if you accidentally read something you shouldn't have read, just put it back in the Index.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
aleuhe wrote:
So what happens if it says to read a rule you haven’t discovered yet? Just ignore it?

If the crate tells you to read a rule, you will either have unlocked it as part of the crate, or from a prior crate. In a few cases, you may be told to just unlock the necessary cards right then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Herring
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Sure, if you accidentally read something you shouldn't have read, just put it back in the Index.

I think I finally understood. I read that every number on the crate index represents a card. So, if it says read second and has a 29, it means go find the 29 card and read it. The fact that it is under the rules column simply states it will be a rule card. Do I understand correctly?

Wife through crate card 1 got 22. Opening 22 showed the read second: 29.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.