Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Derek Croxton
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It appears that you are allowed to bomb any factories your opponent controls, even those he has conquered? (This is not the case in WiF.) If you bomb a factory and then later take control of that land area, e.g. in a blitz phase, do you suffer the lost production? Does your opponent?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Draxon Bailo
Australia
Uranquinty
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not 100%, still working out all the game myself atm (So I am sorry if I am interrupting, just trying to help)

What I see is rule: (7.6) Determine your Oil and Resources
point 6 says:
"Subtract from these totals one for each point of damage to your Factories. Subtract from your Resources first, then from your Oil. Then remove the damage markers on your Factories."

I read it 'literally'.. it is now *your* factory so you have to 'spend some recourse or oil to repair it back to working order', even if you did bomb it yourself earlier.

In Short - You suffer the loss because it is now your factory.

Makes you think 'Should I bomb it? and I going to try and take it latter on? maybe I will bomb it just in case I cant take it?'
adds a bit more 'thought' to the game..

That's if I am reading it right myself.
When in doubt, and I can't find an answer, I take what is written literally (well try to anyway)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave LeLacheur
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
dcroxton wrote:
It appears that you are allowed to bomb any factories your opponent controls, even those he has conquered? (This is not the case in WiF.) If you bomb a factory and then later take control of that land area, e.g. in a blitz phase, do you suffer the lost production? Does your opponent?

Hi Derek,

Yes you are correct (and yes that is different than WiF). Whoever controls a Factory during Builds suffers the loss (even if they did the bombing earlier).

Cheers,
Dave L.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.