Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Morgan
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GE49 reads *use for rest of mission if condition 5 comes into effect...

The astric references condition 5 column on the card. That seems straight forward enough, except that there is also a column for condition 6 on the card. Why would the card have a condition 6 column if it instructs you to use column 5 the rest of the mission once it becomes active?

That tells me I'm misinterpreting something. Any clarification would be appreciated. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Eastman
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do not have the rules handy in front of me but as I recall, in any given mission there is the "possibility" a condition can be skipped. So I read this as if this soldier is active and condition 5 is called into play and condition 6 is thereafter called, this unit continues w/ using condition 5. If condition 5 never comes into play then it will use 6 if 6 is made active.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Morgan
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That would make perfect sense. I wasn't aware that a condition could be skipped. Thanks for the quick response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Eastman
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Otis38 wrote:
That would make perfect sense. I wasn't aware that a condition could be skipped. Thanks for the quick response.

Mission 4 is a great example - unless you've not made it there yet. Depending on how the scenario opens up (mission 4) you can start w/ condition 2 or 3 right away. That aside believe the rules do mention conditions can be skipped and thus are never used for the session in progress. The other possibility; the German (49) is not activated until condition 6 at which point that is the only option anyway. Either way happy gaming!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Eastman
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cmesml wrote:
Otis38 wrote:

Mission 4 is a great example - unless you've not made it there yet. Depending on how the scenario opens up (mission 4) you can start w/ condition 2 or 3 right away. That aside believe the rules do mention conditions can be skipped and thus are never used for the session in progress. The other possibility; the German (49) is not activated until condition 6 at which point that is the only option anyway. Either way happy gaming!

Found it section 5/5 end of very first para. "....and may sometimes skip numbers"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Morgan
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for confirming. I'm sure I read that at some point, but things get lost in the haze once you read on and digest it all. I just started playing this and only on the 2nd mission.

I appreciate the help. Now to deal with that MG crew. Thank goodness for woodland cover. That was a nasty surprise. Onward...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.