Subject: Timeless Eye - Perfect Hits rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ev Sach
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi

I need help understanding Perfect Hits in general. So when rolling to hit, (Timeless Eye allows a perfect hit with a 9 or 10 roll). But what is a perfect hit? Is it an automatic hit and then when you draw the HL you roll again to see if you critical? Pass or Fail the wound roll the perfect hit mean you at least do one damage or does it mean regardless of pass or fail you don't have to do the 'failure' part on the card if you don't hit?

EDIT: so doing some extra reading online.. perfect hits allow you to hit when you otherwise may not be able to. They have no effect on the wounding side of the things. Correct?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
Sloth might be my spirit animal
badge
Ok, ok, NOW I get it!
mbmbmbmbmb
Not entirely. You automatically succeed only on a 10, with the exception of critical wounds, which could still fail on a roll of 10.

Perfect hits are a hit roll of 10, 9-10 with timeless Eye, and they are just a fancy name, until gear and fighting arts make them relevant. You will know when.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
k c
msg tools
mbmb
A Perfect Hit by itself does nothing but hit. The survivor needs to have certain gear, fighting arts, or abilities to take advantage of perfect hits.
You'll see Gear and Fighting Arts state: on a Perfect Hit, do (something cool).

Perfect Hits are not critical wounds, they don't affect wounds unless a card you have active says it does.

Some Perfect Hit examples:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Bone dagger, gain a survival for each perfect hit.
Counterweight Axe (with red affinity linked): don't draw a HL card, just wound the monster.

Edit: Added spoiler tag just in case.
Also, (my understanding on Timeless Eye): A Perfect Hit is defined in the rulebook as a lantern 10 that always hits. Even if your accuracy was really bad, and you would normally only hit on a 10, Timeless Eye would let you hit on 9+. This is because a Perfect Hit is a Lanter10, and Timeless Eye instructs you to count 9 as a Perfect Hit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ev Sach
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks everyone for your responses. That all makes sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.