Popular Tags: [View All]
Lee Valentine
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you ditch the Zendo box, insert, and pyramids, will the other components fit under the Pyramid Arcade insert?

Thanks,
Lee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Zendo fan, Columbus Blue Jackets fan, Dominion Fan.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hudarklord wrote:
If you ditch the Zendo box, insert, and pyramids, will the other components fit under the Pyramid Arcade insert?

Thanks,
Lee

Ditching the pyramids won't really work, because you won't be able to do color rules properly.

My copy of Zendo has not yet arrived, so I could only speculate. Blocks and wedges don't nest, so they take up more space than pyramids. I suspect that would make it problematic. But I'll be interested to know if somebody can pull it off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Valentine
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Why can't you ditch the Zendo pyramids? Are they in different colors than Pyramid Arcade? I have a mountain of pyramids, so I'm primarily interested in storing the new stuff as small as possible.

Lee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda Zimmer
United States
Decatur
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hudarklord wrote:
Why can't you ditch the Zendo pyramids? Are they in different colors than Pyramid Arcade? I have a mountain of pyramids, so I'm primarily interested in storing the new stuff as small as possible.

Pyramid Arcade does include red, blue, yellow colored pyramids, but only 9 of each color (3 small, 3 medium, 3 large). This could make it challenging to play rules that take color into account.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Valentine
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Again, I have mountains of Pyramids. The big question is how small I can pack the rest of the components.

Lee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hudarklord wrote:
Again, I have mountains of Pyramids. The big question is how small I can pack the rest of the components.

It was my impression that you wanted to have a full Pyramid Arcade set that also had a playable Zendo 2.0 set inside the same box. If so, you'll need more pyramids than Pyramid Arcade contains. Even if you get those pyramids from another source, they would still need to fit in the box. If that's not what you're trying to do, then I'm still going to make those comments for the person who might come along later searching the BGG forums for an answer to the "Pyramid Arcade + Zendo" question. Feel free to ignore them if they don't apply to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Valentine
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me make this a little clearer. If I throw out the insert, the box, and the Pyramids, can I fit the rest of Zendo's contents under the Pyramid Arcade insert. You need not worry about whether I have enough Pyramids; I do, stored separately. I'm just trying not to add another box on my shelf, which is already groaning.

Lee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ric
United Kingdom
Hove
Brighton and Hove
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeffwolfe wrote:
hudarklord wrote:

It was my impression that you wanted to have a full Pyramid Arcade set that also had a playable Zendo 2.0 set inside the same box. If so, you'll need more pyramids than Pyramid Arcade contains. Even if you get those pyramids from another source, they would still need to fit in the box. If that's not what you're trying to do, then I'm still going to make those comments for the person who might come along later searching the BGG forums for an answer to the "Pyramid Arcade + Zendo" question. Feel free to ignore them if they don't apply to you.

Question along these lines, how many trios would you need to swap the colour of to make PA have the same pyramids as Zendo does?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hudarklord wrote:
Let me make this a little clearer. If I throw out the insert, the box, and the Pyramids, can I fit the rest of Zendo's contents under the Pyramid Arcade insert. You need not worry about whether I have enough Pyramids; I do, stored separately. I'm just trying not to add another box on my shelf, which is already groaning.

Lee

Good news, no Zendo insert to toss in this scenario (if there is I didn't get one!).

I tried this out a little tonight, and if you leave all the pieces loose (except for the tokens), everything should fit, and most certainly with the Zendo pyramids removed. Just invert the insert, stick the pieces wherever they'll fit, then cover with the box bottom before flipping it over again to fill it with the regular Pyramid Arcade contents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
talismancer wrote:
Question along these lines, how many trios would you need to swap the colour of to make PA have the same pyramids as Zendo does?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Valentine
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jyeackle wrote:
hudarklord wrote:

Lee

Good news, no Zendo insert to toss in this scenario (if there is I didn't get one!).

I tried this out a little tonight, and if you leave all the pieces loose (except for the tokens), everything should fit, and most certainly with the Zendo pyramids removed. Just invert the insert, stick the pieces wherever they'll fit, then cover with the box bottom before flipping it over again to fill it with the regular Pyramid Arcade contents.

Thanks so much!

Lee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.