Hide
13 Posts

Techno Bowl: Arcade Football Unplugged» Forums » Sessions

Subject: MFL Opening day (solo play) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cyle Wilcox
msg tools
Hey guys, im new to bbg and new to techno bowl. i recently picked it up after searching and searching and searching for a quality football board game. i almost went the electric football route....yeah i know. this game happened to be exactly what i was looking for. 3 games in and im absolutely hooked.

A little about the league. Their are no Field Goals. my league is a 12 team league. ive relocated a few teams or all teams considering they just have names and not cities attached. being football fans though, we know what should be what. Here are the two divisions.

West
Oakland reapers
Seattle tyrants
Portland lumberjacks
la revolt
Utah yellow jackets
San Francisco pandas

East
Detroit engines
Miami sushi
Cleveland banditos
Michigan kittens
Baltimore ninjas
Atlanta falchions

ive always kinda liked the baseball format of season scheduling, so the teams will play a similar season. 3 game series with teams in your division (3 weeks in a row) . 1 game vs the opposing conference. For season one some teams will just have to travel a bit more. This will be addressed in season 2( if i ever get that far) when teams having standings placement. Home field advantage will have in game bonuses/penalties, and worse teams will get more home games.

Game 1: Utah yellow jackets at san Francisco pandas

utah lost the toss and the pandas decided they had a defensive weapon that they wanted to unleash so they deferred to the y-jax.

utah came in on the first series trying to get the running game going with no such luck. loss of ten on the first play, only to get that yardage back on 2nd down. (orange blocks represent a knocked down player)

on third the y-jax tried to get the ball to thunder out in space and could just get nothing going. (opening day jitters)

on fourth it seemed they were just hoping for anything positive.. but sweezy lets the ball get away from him on a poor throw and it gets picked off by superman cam!

time left for one play before the half and cam can smell the endzone.

Due to the great jax coverage blanketing vaughn, cam has to just keep it himself. That play ended a scoreless first half.

the pandas decision works out as they get the ball to start the second half.

another int! Greer brings it all the way back to the 35 after a long downfield pass to vaughn

That was the spark the jackets needed as the first run of the second half goes for a gain of 25 by thunder.

keeping the mo going, thunder takes a direct snap out wide and finds paydirt for the first td of the game!

is there any magic left in superman? not with kryptonite greer on the field. what a game for the mvp. Greer (1 int, 1 Sack, 1 Safety). what a poor showing for the pandas at Eucalyptus Field. they will have 2 more cracks at the yellow jackets in week 2 and 3.

Final Score
Utah 9 SF 0

Game Stats

Pandas

55 Salts 1 Tk
6 Dyne 1 sack, 1 int thrown, 1 tk
7 vaughn 1 tk, 1 int
42 thompson 1 tk

Jackets

7 Thunder 4/40 yards rushing, 1 Rush TD, 1 tk
58 France 1 int thrown
61 Greer 1 Int, 1 Sack, 1 Safety

Thanks for checking this out if you did. i have more games to put up in the coming days and i hope to see more ppl support this amazing game!

• [+] Dice rolls
Jessica
United States
Westfield
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great game, isn't it? Exactly what I was looking for in a football game, as well.

Also, as a side note, it looks like you have enough geekgold donated to you now that you could get a microbadge, if you wanted. I recommend this one - https://boardgamegeek.com/microbadge/39931 If you want more geekgold for an avatar, just let me know and I'll shoot some more geekgold your way.

Thanks for the session report and welcome to BGG!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederic Manson
France
Istres
Bouches du Rhone
flag msg tools
badge
Thanks for this session!!

I am looking to a football game and this one seems to be very intriguing. Do you have cards with stats like in Strat-O-Matic games or all the required informations are written on the chits??

Despite its futuristic theme, may I play it as a normal football game??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Nord
Germany
Wiesbaden
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are cards for activation. There is no futuristic theme in this game at all.

It is the best football game i've seen so far.

To get a feel for the game play and the rules you can check the video by the designer:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Brock
United States
Ninety Six
SC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This is a great game. I am hoping to snag some family games with the extended family who are football fanatics. The game grows with your knowledge of how to plan and react to plays. I use the pixel block players. They add so much but even the cardboard players on stands work well and add dimension. I hope you have a great season.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thierry Mattray
France
Nantes
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
fredmanson wrote:
Thanks for this session!!

I am looking to a football game and this one seems to be very intriguing. Do you have cards with stats like in Strat-O-Matic games or all the required informations are written on the chits??

Despite its futuristic theme, may I play it as a normal football game??

I love this game.

You can MP me to speak about it in french.
You can see my review and some topics on TricTrac french website.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Paris
United States
Post Falls
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tontione wrote:
I love this game.

You can MP me to speak about it in french.
You can see my review and some topics on TricTrac french website.

Merci!

meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

That was a fun read!

Only out of curiosity, I ask why you don't put the players in their stands? How do you show that a player has been knocked down?

I guess it struck me, seeing your pictures, in that I've never even considered simply laying them flat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyle Wilcox
msg tools
I lay them down Becuase I can see the player numbers much better that way. I use the orange cubes to represent a knocked down player since Im not playing inferno mode. Thanks for checking out my session.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyle Wilcox
msg tools
Maitreya wrote:
Great game, isn't it? Exactly what I was looking for in a football game, as well.

Also, as a side note, it looks like you have enough geekgold donated to you now that you could get a microbadge, if you wanted. I recommend this one - https://boardgamegeek.com/microbadge/39931 If you want more geekgold for an avatar, just let me know and I'll shoot some more geekgold your way.

Thanks for the session report and welcome to BGG!

thank you for your help and checking out my game. i purchased the badge you suggested.. i think lol. im ok with no avatar, i appreciate the offer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What are your thoughts of this as a solo game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony
United States
Mount Prospect
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RayLancer wrote:
What are your thoughts of this as a solo game?

Probably weren’t asking me, but I’ll chime in.

If you’re only going to play solo, it might work. I know my first few games were solo and they were fun. Basically the defense gets 5 random cards and it can kind of work. After playing against live opponents, solo just doesn’t scratch the same itch anymore. A big part of the game is the 5 card play call, and not knowing who’s being activated next, and then reacting. There’s no way to capture this solo. Though I will occasionally test out a formation against a blitzing defense or a zone defense, to try and see how it might develop, basically practice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everett
United States
Presque Isle
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sneakamoney wrote:
I lay them down Becuase I can see the player numbers much better that way. I use the orange cubes to represent a knocked down player since Im not playing inferno mode. Thanks for checking out my session.

When I play solo, I do the same, since I sit on the sideline to play solo rather than at an endzone. It makes it easier to see the players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.