Popular Tags: [View All]
Alastair Jack
Australia
Doreen
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have they indicated that there will be more factions coming yet?

I love the new designs of the First Order, and the Praetorian Guards in particular.

I hope they don't slowly dribble the releases out every few months, bring out a new faction every few months at least. Everyone playing Imperials and Rebels seems a bit stale, unless it's not meant to be a popular game like Warhammer or X-wing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cracky McCracken
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alastair john jack wrote:
unless it's not meant to be a popular game like Warhammer or X-wing.

I'm pretty sure FFG hopes Legion is as popular as possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Montclair
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cracky wrote:
unless it's not meant to be a popular game like Warhammer or X-wing.

I'm pretty sure FFG hopes Legion is as popular as possible.

I would like to.see First Order stuff but a new faction every few months would be silly. There's only 4-5 other factions that make sense (Resistance, Republic, First Order, Separatisrs and maybe a mercenary faction.

I'd like to see them focus on original trilogy for now. And maybe tackle the new trilogy in 2019 when they know what new things Ep IX will bring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't think they'd come out with a new core box every few months with a new faction. The stuff from the original trilogy is most iconic and would likely be released first, and then when there is sufficient variety of those to allow different enough lists, then perhaps they'd go with other factions and be able to actually follow up those releases right away with more of those faction expansions. It would be pretty stupid on their part to trickle out bits and pieces of several factions over the first year, where people would only have a limited amount of forces of each to build with.

Did X-Wing release new factions right away over a few months in the first year?

Warhammer has the option of being able to make up whatever they want to add as new factions, they could make up whatever they want to put out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Hahma wrote:
Did X-Wing release new factions right away over a few months in the first year?

It took a couple years before the 3rd faction came out. Then it wasn't until the new trilogy that the next 2 came out.

Imperial Assault came out with 3 from the beginning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Monson
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are plenty of options for factions that they could use in the Galactic civil war era. That being said just because there are the options doesn't mean that FFG will go that route. There has been some discussion about this exact thing on their forums and the Hutts, Black Sun, and Droid Gotra are all popular factions that could have at least 1 of each of the unit types released and could be made different enough to warrant a new faction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Minneman
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Jackasses? You let a whole column get stalled and strafed on account of a couple of jackasses? What the hell's the matter with you?
mbmbmbmbmb
KoalaXav wrote:
I would like to.see First Order stuff but a new faction every few months would be silly. There's only 4-5 other factions that make sense (Resistance, Republic, First Order, Separatisrs and maybe a mercenary faction.

It depends on how they structure the factions. You could end up with factions that are "Wookies", "Ewoks", "Rebel Special Ops," "Stormtroopers", "First Order Troopers", etc. It depends how they allow mixing of forces as they expand the game.

Personally, I'd love to see an Ewok-only army, with which I could have great fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Harr
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
EWOKS!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Blair
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Given that this is Fantasy Flight Games, I think it is a sure bet! Just a question of timing I suppose... but given the final Star Wars movie comes out in 2019, they have plenty of time to cover resistance and first order.

This game looks interesting - but X-wing and Amada basically take 90% of my gaming budget!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Minneman
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Jackasses? You let a whole column get stalled and strafed on account of a couple of jackasses? What the hell's the matter with you?
mbmbmbmbmb
James_Blair wrote:
the final Star Wars movie comes out in 2019,

You Won't Live to See the Final Star Wars Movie

More specifically, the schedule for the future looks like:

2018: Han Solo anthology film
2019: Episode IX
also 2019: New live-action TV series
2020: Boba Fett anthology film
Somewhere around 2021: New trilogy, driven by Rian Johnson

Plan for a Star Wars film a year forever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alastair Jack
Australia
Doreen
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just want a Tattooine army with Jabba, Tuskens and Jawas. Or a Gungan army!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I just want a Tattooine army with Jabba, Tuskens and Jawas. Or a Gungan army!

We got Gungans in the RPG not too long ago so there is hope.

Nothing yet on the Ewoks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Hayward
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
robbbbbb wrote:

And the Benioff and Weiss trilogy:
http://www.starwars.com/news/game-of-thrones-creators-david-...

I don't think anything has been mentioned about a Boba Fett film - more likely Obi-wan first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Homo Ludens
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I love the new designs of the First Order, and the Praetorian Guards in particular.

I hope they don't slowly dribble the releases out every few months, bring out a new faction every few months at least. Everyone playing Imperials and Rebels seems a bit stale, unless it's not meant to be a popular game like Warhammer or X-wing.

We have releases April (Snow Troopers), May (Fleet Troopers), June (Commando troops) so expect July to bring some kind of Imperial Special Forces to balance the factions.

Still plenty of scope from the Original Trilogy before they need to look at the pre-post/quals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Montclair
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chimpy20 wrote:
robbbbbb wrote:

And the Benioff and Weiss trilogy:
http://www.starwars.com/news/game-of-thrones-creators-david-...

I don't think anything has been mentioned about a Boba Fett film - more likely Obi-wan first.

There were rumors about a Fett film but nothing ever surfaced. Last I heard, it was too complicated to make him an interesting protagonist without ruining either the character or the tone. More recently, Obi Wan and Jabba have both been rumored but again, there is no official word.

Personally, I suspect Disney is waiting to see if Solo belly-flops or not before they commit heavily on the next standalone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Castillo

Connecticut
msg tools
Personally I'd like to get rogue one troops in first. Scarif pathfinders and shore troopers and death troopers in particular, opportunity for more characters as well. Cassian and Krennic making the most sense for me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Minneman
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to see Scarif forces. Especially Death Troopers, who fill a hole on the Imperial force side that is sorely lacking.

The thing I'm wondering is if we'll get non-unit specific character add-ons, or if you'll only see named characters as commanders. For instance, I think Chirrut Imwe and Baze Malbus would make an excellent pair to add to a unit, that wouldn't be "Rebel Troopers Only" or somesuch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Montclair
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
robbbbbb wrote:
I'd love to see Scarif forces. Especially Death Troopers, who fill a hole on the Imperial force side that is sorely lacking.

The thing I'm wondering is if we'll get non-unit specific character add-ons, or if you'll only see named characters as commanders. For instance, I think Chirrut Imwe and Baze Malbus would make an excellent pair to add to a unit, that wouldn't be "Rebel Troopers Only" or somesuch.

Well it's not quite on the same scale but they did just put Orimaarko (Prune Face) in the latest Rebel Commandos announcement. An extremely minor character who you could miss if you blink, but he did have an original Kenner action figure in the 1980s (and if only one figure was left in the bargain bin, it was likely his.)

So I could see them doing some characters as non commanders. Though I think they are probably best served in non-corps roles. Maybe the rebels could get Teebo on a stolen speeder bike!

Oh and of course they also added Wedge Antilles but he is basically just a card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.