8 Posts

Championship Formula Racing» Forums » News

Subject: Car Models on Kickstarter rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Bowes
Canada
flag msg tools
I've created some cars for several games, most notably CFR (F1), Rallyman (Rally) and Thunder Alley (Nascar). I've just launched a Kickstarter campaign to get a boost in funds to make more and get the models into people's hands. Link is here and project is now LIVE! Any support would be greatly appreciated.

I'll be offering a print service after the campaign for anyone who doesn't have access to a 3D printer and participants will be given discounts to compensate for the Kickstarter involvement so you're not losing money on somethig you can't use!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ficklefiendstudio/3d-pr...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Noonan
United States
Alpharetta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Funding Canceled

Funding for this project was canceled by the project creator 2 days ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Finamore
United States
Wayne
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awfki wrote:
Quote:
Funding Canceled

Funding for this project was canceled by the project creator 2 days ago.

Relaunched:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ficklefiendstudio/3d-pr...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will you reveal the cost of the print service before the KS ends? That would be the only way most of us would know whether or not to back it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Dylan
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see STL files for sale at storefronts like war gamers vault... Could be a good place to sell individual files post Kickstarter...

Very interested in historical Formula One!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bowes
Canada
flag msg tools
Sorry for the delay in response; sick kids, Xmas and New Years... Wheee!!!

I'll be offering a print service separately and $4/car at 20mm scale which is CFR appropriate sizing.

Anyone who backs the project can apply the cost toward print service instead of STL files if they don't have a printer. I'm keeping that offer strict to here and maybe Facebook if I ever get the FB page done up. I don't want to offer printed cars through this campaign yet as I only have one resin printer and don't want to get overloaded with orders. A second campaign may follow this one and it would be specifically for the printed models.

I'll show one of the SG pics here but want to keep most a surprise for if/when they're unlocked!

Each car is available with or without the driver. At 20mm he really shrinks into a generic lump, but he's there!

(Edit: I've added a limited availability tier for people wanting printed cars. Might add more if it can fund a second printer!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bowes
Canada
flag msg tools
Playing with some different ideas....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John R
United States
Flint
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another idea: How about MotoGP bikes with rider to fit CFR.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.