Subject: Cities next to unplaced Noctis city? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Manda
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cities cannot be placed next to each other. It is unclear to me if this rule also applies to the Noctis city hex before Noctis city has been placed? Personally it feels wrong to put a city next to Noctis, but I have seen others doing this so wondered if this had been clarified officially?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
MattNManda wrote:
Cities cannot be placed next to each other. It is unclear to me if this rule also applies to the Noctis city hex before Noctis city has been placed? Personally it feels wrong to put a city next to Noctis, but I have seen others doing this so wondered if this had been clarified officially?

No official clarification needed. If Noctis City is not built you are breaking no rules building a city next to it's future position.

As for Noctis City itself, its card is explicit that you get to ignore certain building restrictions (ie building next to other buildings) when building Noctis City so everything is fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim van Gruisen
Netherlands
Den Bosch
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
allstar64 wrote:
As for Noctis City itself, its card is explicit that you get to ignore certain building restrictions (ie building next to other buildings) when building Noctis City so everything is fine.

Not only the card, but the rulebook also explicitly mentions this, in the rules about building cities. You cannot build cities next to other cities, with the exception of Noctis City, which must be placed at its designated hex (implying that you must do so even if other cities are already built around that hex).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RyuSora
Brazil
Sao Paulo
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can place cities next to the place reserved for noctis (as long as noctis is not there yet). And you can place noctis city even with cities next to it (the card is pretty clear about this)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Iver Wilhelmsen
Norway
Oslo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whymme wrote:
You cannot build cities next to other cities, with the exception of Noctis City

and one particular project where you have to build a city between two others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim van Gruisen
Netherlands
Den Bosch
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
JadedGamer wrote:
Whymme wrote:
You cannot build cities next to other cities, with the exception of Noctis City

and one particular project where you have to build a city between two others.

I was sort of quoting the rulebook. That doesn't mention it; it is only described on the card in question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.