Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
37 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Sarah Palin's son charged with domestic assault on father rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-42406405

Quote:
The son of former Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin has been charged with assault and burglary after a confrontation with his father involving a firearm.

Police say Track Palin allegedly broke into his parents' Alaska home through a window on Saturday night.

Documents obtained by US media say the 28-year-old said he was on pain medication and had been drinking.

He was arrested in 2016 for allegedly punching his girlfriend.

After he eventually pleaded guilty to possession of a firearm while intoxicated, other charges were dismissed in that case.

Police documents, published by the LA Times newspaper, said Mrs Palin called the police at about 20:40 on Saturday night (06:40 GMT on Sunday) to say her son was on "some type of medication" and was allegedly "freaking out".

The affidavit by a responding officer said they found the former Alaskan governor "visibly upset" at the property.

Police say that when they arrived they had a stand-off with Mr Palin in which he moved around the house and at one stage went out onto the garage roof. They say he demanded police put their weapons on the ground and allegedly called them "peasants".

Police say the struggle between the two men happened after Mr Palin said he was coming to the property to retrieve a vehicle, and threatened to beat his father.

Todd Palin, Mrs Palin's husband, told police he armed himself with a pistol when his son arrived, but was disarmed and was left bloodied.

Track Palin was charged by police with first-degree burglary, fourth-degree assault and criminal mischief, and remains in police custody.

A statement to US media from the family requested privacy, and said the Palins were unable to comment further on the case.

Earlier this year his ex-girlfriend Jordan Loewe applied for a protective order against Mr Palin, having previously requested full custody of their one-year-old son.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Black man would be dead.
3 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pustilnik
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:
Black man would be dead.


Wealth and fame are the major factors here, not race. The police are not going to shoot the son of the former governor unless he shoots at them first.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
I wonder if this will change her stance on gun ownership (or if it would have, had the situation had a worse outcome).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MikePustilnik wrote:
Shadrach wrote:
Black man would be dead.


Wealth and fame are the major factors here, not race. The police are not going to shoot the son of the former governor unless he shoots at them first.


Are you sure that the former is not strongly tied to the later?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bat Profile
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Which kid?

Taco Bell or John Deere?
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
Check out Stately Play for news and reviews of games worth thinking about.
Avatar
mbmb
Unless this illustrates some larger point about policy, why is a domestic issue worthy of national attention? Seems like just piling on in an already sad situation, just because his mom was famous and kind of a doofus.
9 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
Bitter acerbic harridan
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully, he gets the help he clearly needs.
15 
 Thumb up
0.06
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bat Profile
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rinelk wrote:
Unless this illustrates some larger point about policy, why is a domestic issue worthy of national attention? Seems like just piling on in an already sad situation, just because his mom was famous and kind of a doofus.


The point is no one should have had a reason to know about the Palins...and now my misery is yours to share until enough people get fed up with hearing about backwoods yokels and turn off the TV
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Altair IV wrote:
rinelk wrote:
Unless this illustrates some larger point about policy, why is a domestic issue worthy of national attention? Seems like just piling on in an already sad situation, just because his mom was famous and kind of a doofus.


The point is no one should have had a reason to know about the Palins...and now my misery is yours to share until enough people get fed up with hearing about backwoods yokels and turn off the TV


This "Backwood yokels" mother was selected to be VP by the Republican party. Surely, that does not speak well of them...
It's a good thing they lost the election.

That said, the only reason this is even remotely newsworthy is because of Palins high profile.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
Bitter acerbic harridan
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rinelk wrote:
Unless this illustrates some larger point about policy, why is a domestic issue worthy of national attention? Seems like just piling on in an already sad situation, just because his mom was famous and kind of a doofus.


I guess it's the same reason that people read tabloids. It's the negative side of human nature.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rinelk wrote:
Unless this illustrates some larger point about policy, why is a domestic issue worthy of national attention? Seems like just piling on in an already sad situation, just because his mom was famous and kind of a doofus.


Because she isn't just 'kind of a Dofus' she was the VP and a vocal leader of the 'moral conservative' movement. Her family took piles of money speaking, organizing, and camlaigning 'family values' events. Condescending rhetoric flowed from their lips condeming people by race(always sudelong) economic class, and political party. They put themselves and their ideology on a moral pedestal, so when something like this happens it is a very clear 'healer heal thyself' moment.
6 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bat Profile
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
abadolato01 wrote:


That said, the only reason this is even remotely newsworthy is because of Palins high profile.


Which was hand picked to be manufactured FOR television.

This is exactly what to expect when a "star" goes sideways.

unitl, Timmy the Farting Cat, or whatever comes next, takes her place in the pecking order of news trash, we are stuck with her and her hillbilly family

unless we are saved by a hero...and it ain't me
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Khalid Shabazz
United States
NYC
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Sue_G wrote:
Hopefully, he gets the help he clearly needs.

The usual approach to treating aggressiveness and substance abuse is a prison sentence.
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
Bitter acerbic harridan
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
crescent_gamer wrote:
Sue_G wrote:
Hopefully, he gets the help he clearly needs.

The usual approach to treating aggressiveness and substance abuse is a prison sentence.


Yeah. Today I saw an article about Norway legalizing drugs and thought that if we did that here, you just know that there would be slashes to coverage for addiction. Because the GOP is the party of "personal responsibility," where we can't fund things like birth control or counseling for addiction, because people should just not get pregnant or get addicted in the first place. Instead, we'll spend our money on more prisons and law enforcement for our arcane drug laws; or by increasing healthcare costs by passing laws on the size of corridors and doors in family planning clinics and requiring moronic medical procedures like vaginal ultrasounds. Or if some legislators had their way, criminalizing the abortions. Because that will so help. Thanks?

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
Check out Stately Play for news and reviews of games worth thinking about.
Avatar
mbmb
Shadrach wrote:
rinelk wrote:
Unless this illustrates some larger point about policy, why is a domestic issue worthy of national attention? Seems like just piling on in an already sad situation, just because his mom was famous and kind of a doofus.


Because she isn't just 'kind of a Dofus' she was the VP and a vocal leader of the 'moral conservative' movement. Her family took piles of money speaking, organizing, and camlaigning 'family values' events. Condescending rhetoric flowed from their lips condeming people by race(always sudelong) economic class, and political party. They put themselves and their ideology on a moral pedestal, so when something like this happens it is a very clear 'healer heal thyself' moment.


Sure, but it doesn’t tell us much of anything about the values they championed, does it? Indeed, there might well be a bias here, that the people you hear about advocating virtue are the ones who, due to their search for fame and power, lack it. So this doesn’t seem like a “people who care about family values are necessarily hypocrites or need to stop influencing national politics” sort of situation. Which means it just feels like tabloid B.S.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Myers
United States
Redmond
WA
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sue_G wrote:
crescent_gamer wrote:
Sue_G wrote:
Hopefully, he gets the help he clearly needs.

The usual approach to treating aggressiveness and substance abuse is a prison sentence.


Yeah. Today I saw an article about Norway legalizing drugs and thought that if we did that here, you just know that there would be slashes to coverage for addiction. Because the GOP is the party of "personal responsibility," where we can't fund things like birth control or counseling for addiction, because people should just not get pregnant or get addicted in the first place. Instead, we'll spend our money on more prisons and law enforcement for our arcane drug laws; or by increasing healthcare costs by passing laws on the size of corridors and doors in family planning clinics and requiring moronic medical procedures like vaginal ultrasounds. Or if some legislators had their way, criminalizing the abortions. Because that will so help. Thanks?


I'm so happy to pay more for the personal responsibility of our private jail system! Addiction treatment would be cheaper, but those jailers are just so responsible.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rinelk wrote:
Shadrach wrote:
rinelk wrote:
Unless this illustrates some larger point about policy, why is a domestic issue worthy of national attention? Seems like just piling on in an already sad situation, just because his mom was famous and kind of a doofus.


Because she isn't just 'kind of a Dofus' she was the VP and a vocal leader of the 'moral conservative' movement. Her family took piles of money speaking, organizing, and camlaigning 'family values' events. Condescending rhetoric flowed from their lips condeming people by race(always sudelong) economic class, and political party. They put themselves and their ideology on a moral pedestal, so when something like this happens it is a very clear 'healer heal thyself' moment.


Sure, but it doesn’t tell us much of anything about the values they championed, does it? Indeed, there might well be a bias here, that the people you hear about advocating virtue are the ones who, due to their search for fame and power, lack it. So this doesn’t seem like a “people who care about family values are necessarily hypocrites or need to stop influencing national politics” sort of situation. Which means it just feels like tabloid B.S.


Could you rephrase your argument? I'm not sure I am parsing it quite right and don't want to peel off on an incorrect tangent.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
Check out Stately Play for news and reviews of games worth thinking about.
Avatar
mbmb
Shadrach wrote:
rinelk wrote:
Shadrach wrote:
rinelk wrote:
Unless this illustrates some larger point about policy, why is a domestic issue worthy of national attention? Seems like just piling on in an already sad situation, just because his mom was famous and kind of a doofus.


Because she isn't just 'kind of a Dofus' she was the VP and a vocal leader of the 'moral conservative' movement. Her family took piles of money speaking, organizing, and camlaigning 'family values' events. Condescending rhetoric flowed from their lips condeming people by race(always sudelong) economic class, and political party. They put themselves and their ideology on a moral pedestal, so when something like this happens it is a very clear 'healer heal thyself' moment.


Sure, but it doesn’t tell us much of anything about the values they championed, does it? Indeed, there might well be a bias here, that the people you hear about advocating virtue are the ones who, due to their search for fame and power, lack it. So this doesn’t seem like a “people who care about family values are necessarily hypocrites or need to stop influencing national politics” sort of situation. Which means it just feels like tabloid B.S.


Could you rephrase your argument? I'm not sure I am parsing it quite right and don't want to peel off on an incorrect tangent.


I’m making a distinction between values which ought to inform our policy choices (and the coalitions which support them), and the leaders who champion those values. This issue seems like it impugns a leader of the family values folks. It doesn’t seem to impugn family values folks generally, nor give us any information about the inherent value or appropriate electoral power of the values they cherish. It seems like it’s exclusively about these particular individuals.

Now, maybe you could make a case that choosing such a crap family to lead them demonstrates a problem with the family values crowd. Part of what I was saying is that I think that’s unfair—the very nature of the value might mean that it’s hard for anyone to both embody those values and rise to national prominence. Similarly, I think humility is important, and at some point I might like a famous person who advocates for humility, but I have to accept that being willing to do what is needed to become famous probably means eyre going to be better at preaching humility than practicing it. So it is with prioritizing family.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Very legal & very cool
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
crescent_gamer wrote:
Sue_G wrote:
Hopefully, he gets the help he clearly needs.

The usual approach to treating aggressiveness and substance abuse is a prison sentence.


laugh That's just for black people, you silly goose!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Apostle Green
United States
Lake County
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
That is not dead which can eternal lie
Avatar
mb
rinelk wrote:
I’m making a distinction between values which ought to inform our policy choices (and the coalitions which support them), and the leaders who champion those values. This issue seems like it impugns a leader of the family values folks. It doesn’t seem to impugn family values folks generally, nor give us any information about the inherent value or appropriate electoral power of the values they cherish. It seems like it’s exclusively about these particular individuals.

Now, maybe you could make a case that choosing such a crap family to lead them demonstrates a problem with the family values crowd. Part of what I was saying is that I think that’s unfair—the very nature of the value might mean that it’s hard for anyone to both embody those values and rise to national prominence. Similarly, I think humility is important, and at some point I might like a famous person who advocates for humility, but I have to accept that being willing to do what is needed to become famous probably means eyre going to be better at preaching humility than practicing it. So it is with prioritizing family.


I think another element for me is, why should this even tell us something about Palin Family Values? Their son is a grown man, and although most people won't want to admit this, it's perfectly possible to be an upstanding, moral citizen and a good parent and yet have a kid who ends up being a delinquent with a rap sheet.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rinelk wrote:
Shadrach wrote:
rinelk wrote:
Shadrach wrote:
rinelk wrote:
Unless this illustrates some larger point about policy, why is a domestic issue worthy of national attention? Seems like just piling on in an already sad situation, just because his mom was famous and kind of a doofus.


Because she isn't just 'kind of a Dofus' she was the VP and a vocal leader of the 'moral conservative' movement. Her family took piles of money speaking, organizing, and camlaigning 'family values' events. Condescending rhetoric flowed from their lips condeming people by race(always sudelong) economic class, and political party. They put themselves and their ideology on a moral pedestal, so when something like this happens it is a very clear 'healer heal thyself' moment.


Sure, but it doesn’t tell us much of anything about the values they championed, does it? Indeed, there might well be a bias here, that the people you hear about advocating virtue are the ones who, due to their search for fame and power, lack it. So this doesn’t seem like a “people who care about family values are necessarily hypocrites or need to stop influencing national politics” sort of situation. Which means it just feels like tabloid B.S.


Could you rephrase your argument? I'm not sure I am parsing it quite right and don't want to peel off on an incorrect tangent.


I’m making a distinction between values which ought to inform our policy choices (and the coalitions which support them), and the leaders who champion those values. This issue seems like it impugns a leader of the family values folks. It doesn’t seem to impugn family values folks generally, nor give us any information about the inherent value or appropriate electoral power of the values they cherish. It seems like it’s exclusively about these particular individuals.

Now, maybe you could make a case that choosing such a crap family to lead them demonstrates a problem with the family values crowd. Part of what I was saying is that I think that’s unfair—the very nature of the value might mean that it’s hard for anyone to both embody those values and rise to national prominence. Similarly, I think humility is important, and at some point I might like a famous person who advocates for humility, but I have to accept that being willing to do what is needed to become famous probably means eyre going to be better at preaching humility than practicing it. So it is with prioritizing family.


To answer both 6ou and apostlegreen, you are both speaking in oure hypothetical. This event is not happening in isolation. There is context, history, and repetition throughout. From the outset of the Palin cult hitting the national stage there have been systemic problems with them as leaders or even figureheads for a 'family values' movement. The repeated response from the movement has been to shrug and sweep it under the rug. At some point the movement owns that and can't have it both ways. Either you ditch the figurehead, you ditch the value, or you get comfortable having the hypocracy thrown in your face.

No one is perfect, but when someone acts in a way counter to the movement they lead and suffers no fallout for it then... well you get the modern Republican party. But beyond that it is an illness of spirit within the cause that needs to be called out, for healing purposes if nothing else.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The fact that he referred to cops as 'peasants' tells you where the gents mindset is. One of entitlement, and one that is above the law. Perhaps traits passed down from his mother, during her meteoric rise?
2 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
Check out Stately Play for news and reviews of games worth thinking about.
Avatar
mbmb
Shadrach wrote:
rinelk wrote:
Shadrach wrote:
rinelk wrote:
Shadrach wrote:
rinelk wrote:
Unless this illustrates some larger point about policy, why is a domestic issue worthy of national attention? Seems like just piling on in an already sad situation, just because his mom was famous and kind of a doofus.


Because she isn't just 'kind of a Dofus' she was the VP and a vocal leader of the 'moral conservative' movement. Her family took piles of money speaking, organizing, and camlaigning 'family values' events. Condescending rhetoric flowed from their lips condeming people by race(always sudelong) economic class, and political party. They put themselves and their ideology on a moral pedestal, so when something like this happens it is a very clear 'healer heal thyself' moment.


Sure, but it doesn’t tell us much of anything about the values they championed, does it? Indeed, there might well be a bias here, that the people you hear about advocating virtue are the ones who, due to their search for fame and power, lack it. So this doesn’t seem like a “people who care about family values are necessarily hypocrites or need to stop influencing national politics” sort of situation. Which means it just feels like tabloid B.S.


Could you rephrase your argument? I'm not sure I am parsing it quite right and don't want to peel off on an incorrect tangent.


I’m making a distinction between values which ought to inform our policy choices (and the coalitions which support them), and the leaders who champion those values. This issue seems like it impugns a leader of the family values folks. It doesn’t seem to impugn family values folks generally, nor give us any information about the inherent value or appropriate electoral power of the values they cherish. It seems like it’s exclusively about these particular individuals.

Now, maybe you could make a case that choosing such a crap family to lead them demonstrates a problem with the family values crowd. Part of what I was saying is that I think that’s unfair—the very nature of the value might mean that it’s hard for anyone to both embody those values and rise to national prominence. Similarly, I think humility is important, and at some point I might like a famous person who advocates for humility, but I have to accept that being willing to do what is needed to become famous probably means eyre going to be better at preaching humility than practicing it. So it is with prioritizing family.


To answer both 6ou and apostlegreen, you are both speaking in oure hypothetical. This event is not happening in isolation. There is context, history, and repetition throughout. From the outset of the Palin cult hitting the national stage there have been systemic problems with them as leaders or even figureheads for a 'family values' movement. The repeated response from the movement has been to shrug and sweep it under the rug. At some point the movement owns that and can't have it both ways. Either you ditch the figurehead, you ditch the value, or you get comfortable having the hypocracy thrown in your face.

No one is perfect, but when someone acts in a way counter to the movement they lead and suffers no fallout for it then... well you get the modern Republican party. But beyond that it is an illness of spirit within the cause that needs to be called out, for healing purposes if nothing else.


Sarah Palin hasn’t held political office for years. She has suffered fallout. Can we leave her family alone, now?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rinelk wrote:
Shadrach wrote:
rinelk wrote:
Shadrach wrote:
rinelk wrote:
Shadrach wrote:
rinelk wrote:
Unless this illustrates some larger point about policy, why is a domestic issue worthy of national attention? Seems like just piling on in an already sad situation, just because his mom was famous and kind of a doofus.


Because she isn't just 'kind of a Dofus' she was the VP and a vocal leader of the 'moral conservative' movement. Her family took piles of money speaking, organizing, and camlaigning 'family values' events. Condescending rhetoric flowed from their lips condeming people by race(always sudelong) economic class, and political party. They put themselves and their ideology on a moral pedestal, so when something like this happens it is a very clear 'healer heal thyself' moment.


Sure, but it doesn’t tell us much of anything about the values they championed, does it? Indeed, there might well be a bias here, that the people you hear about advocating virtue are the ones who, due to their search for fame and power, lack it. So this doesn’t seem like a “people who care about family values are necessarily hypocrites or need to stop influencing national politics” sort of situation. Which means it just feels like tabloid B.S.


Could you rephrase your argument? I'm not sure I am parsing it quite right and don't want to peel off on an incorrect tangent.


I’m making a distinction between values which ought to inform our policy choices (and the coalitions which support them), and the leaders who champion those values. This issue seems like it impugns a leader of the family values folks. It doesn’t seem to impugn family values folks generally, nor give us any information about the inherent value or appropriate electoral power of the values they cherish. It seems like it’s exclusively about these particular individuals.

Now, maybe you could make a case that choosing such a crap family to lead them demonstrates a problem with the family values crowd. Part of what I was saying is that I think that’s unfair—the very nature of the value might mean that it’s hard for anyone to both embody those values and rise to national prominence. Similarly, I think humility is important, and at some point I might like a famous person who advocates for humility, but I have to accept that being willing to do what is needed to become famous probably means eyre going to be better at preaching humility than practicing it. So it is with prioritizing family.


To answer both 6ou and apostlegreen, you are both speaking in oure hypothetical. This event is not happening in isolation. There is context, history, and repetition throughout. From the outset of the Palin cult hitting the national stage there have been systemic problems with them as leaders or even figureheads for a 'family values' movement. The repeated response from the movement has been to shrug and sweep it under the rug. At some point the movement owns that and can't have it both ways. Either you ditch the figurehead, you ditch the value, or you get comfortable having the hypocracy thrown in your face.

No one is perfect, but when someone acts in a way counter to the movement they lead and suffers no fallout for it then... well you get the modern Republican party. But beyond that it is an illness of spirit within the cause that needs to be called out, for healing purposes if nothing else.


Sarah Palin hasn’t held political office for years. She has suffered fallout. Can we leave her family alone, now?


She's been a pundit all over the news, her family has lead several moral 'crusades' for healthy speaking fees. Heat, kitchen.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.