Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hans van der Drift
Australia
Bulimba
Qld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

My son and I are playing for the first time. When a character wears this item is its use mandatory on the first attack, or does the layer choose when to activate it?

I am sure it's in the FAQ (and rules) but I can't find it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael T.
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This one has obviously to be activated by the player before drawing modifier cards. See item card symbol. So the player can choose not to activate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Von Strubel wrote:
This one has obviously to be activated by the player before drawing modifier cards. See item card symbol. So the player can choose not to activate.
Not so "obviously" that it prevented the OP needing to ask the question. Just 'cos you think it's obvious, doesn't mean it is to another. Are we playing some sort of meta-game here: "I can find rules better than you so I win"?

Which symbol on the card were you refering to?
• the one that indicates that it uses the body equip slot
• the one that shows that it costs 20 gold +/- modifiers
• the one that shows that it is spent on use

Which of these tells us that it obviously has to be activated by the player?

How about an answer like this:

The FAQ contains item-specific entries that are hidden by spoilers (so search doesn't work). If you look for the FAQ entry for item 004 you will see that
Spoiler (click to reveal)
The Leather Armor must be used before the enemy draws an attack modifier card.
(Not all items have an FAQ entry, but it's worth having a look for the item number any time you hit this sort of issue)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Caldwell
United States
West Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

"Hold on, Hold on. Let me just put on this armor before you swing at me."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike heim
United States
Juneau
Alaska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
Just 'cos you think it's obvious, doesn't mean it is to another. Are we playing some sort of meta-game here: "I can find rules better than you so I win"?

And winner of smarmiest answer goes to...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bjorn B
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
Von Strubel wrote:
Not so "obviously" that it prevented the OP needing to ask the question. Just 'cos you think it's obvious, doesn't mean it is to another. Are we playing some sort of meta-game here: "I can find rules better than you so I win"?

The FAQ contains item-specific entries that are hidden by spoilers (so search doesn't work). If you look for the FAQ entry for item 004 you will see that
(Not all items have an FAQ entry, but it's worth having a look for the item number any time you hit this sort of issue)

When quoting the FAQ, you better quote the correct question:
FAQ wrote:

Is the use of an item card mandatory? What about item cards with multi-use circles/charges?
If an item card does not have circles to track multiple uses, then you can decide when to use it - it is not mandatory.

Item cards with circles to track multiple uses act exactly like persistent ability cards, in that if the situation applies, you must use the item in reaction and lose a charge. Additionally, it should be noted that if the card has a spent icon in the lower right corner, it is not technically spent until all charges have been lost, and so cannot be refreshed through resting or other abilities until all charges have been used.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Mayo
United States
Schertz
TX
flag msg tools
You can go off and rule the universe from beyond the grave.
badge
Or check into a psycho ward, which ever comes first, huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's all recognize that BGG is an internationally used site and that cultural differences exist.

Article: How to tell when Germans are really being rude versus just being German

https://www.german-way.com/how-to-tell-when-germans-are-real...

I'm going to guess that this applies to some in Belgium as well.

...but no matter what excuses we make, I can confirm that most Americas are indeed loud and uncultured.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Per Erlandsson
msg tools
Unimpressed wrote:

"Hold on, Hold on. Let me just put on this armor before you swing at me."

By default you block the attack with your face, only if you activate the item can you take the hit on your armor! laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark etwell
Canada
Aurora
ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cmmayo wrote:
Let's all recognize that BGG is an internationally used site and that cultural differences exist.

Article: How to tell when Germans are really being rude versus just being German

...but no matter what excuses we make, I can confirm that most Americas are indeed loud and uncultured.

Top 10 list of Rudest countries and us Canadians are ignored again and we don't even get mentioned...how typical..

Sorry If I offended anyone...carry on please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Allard
United States
Dover
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mb
retrowiz wrote:
Top 10 list of Rudest countries and us Canadians are ignored again and we don't even get mentioned...how typical..

After having just spent several weeks in the Maritimes and then several weeks driving from BC to Ontario; I would say it is impossible for Canadians to be rude. Then I spent two days in Quebec (Montreal) and found it was indeed possible. whistle

JimA

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans van der Drift
Australia
Bulimba
Qld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks you for both the concise answer. I appreciate it. And for having my back. I appreciate that even more.

Hans

mccrispy wrote:
Von Strubel wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Fletcher
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cmmayo wrote:

According to that article, Germans are basically New Yorkers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Fletcher
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
retrowiz wrote:
cmmayo wrote:

I’m not sure if you’re trying to be sarcastic, so I’ll just culturally profile you based on American stereotypes of Canadians and assume you’re a genuinely pleasant and helpful person.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Staffan Johansson
msg tools
TheBoxmaker wrote:
I’m not sure if you’re trying to be sarcastic, so I’ll just culturally profile you based on American stereotypes of Canadians and assume you’re a genuinely pleasant and helpful person.

Unless you're in the Marvel universe, where Canada is a hella scary place full of wendigos and really shady government departments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.