Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Jones
Wales
Conwy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey,

Had what felt like quite a unique situation arise in a 2 player game last night, I will try and be as broad as possible to avoid spoilers.

A quest card was drawn which instructed to add X (equal to # of players) amount of enemies to the board, the enemies were placed in the locations specified. To complete this quest, you had to kill all remaining enemies of this specific type.

At the end of the round, when an Agenda card was drawn, these enemies activated, both enemies were able to attack us players (1 each). As the person who kills the last enemy would complete the quest (lucky!), which order do we do the enemy attacks in?

Does it follow the same order as the enemy movement rules, lowest HP and then whoever acted quicker if tied? I couldn't find anything specific for this situation.

(apologies that was probably more long winded than it needed to be)

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Scatliff
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
It's about time, too.
badge
I hate overtext but love irony.
mbmbmbmbmb
Foundational Rules (RR p. 2): "If two players are both legal targets for a game effect, the game prioritizes the first player, and then each player in order clockwise around the table from the first player."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Jones
Wales
Conwy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Smoo wrote:
Foundational Rules (RR p. 2): "If two players are both legal targets for a game effect, the game prioritizes the first player, and then each player in order clockwise around the table from the first player."

Oh man how did I miss that, now I feel silly.....thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrey Velkov
Bulgaria
Doganovo
Elin Pelin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Smoo wrote:

It is still a matter of HP first - they would go for the lower HP and only if those are equal they would follow turn order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Jones
Wales
Conwy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Twilightling wrote:
Smoo wrote:

It is still a matter of HP first - they would go for the lower HP and only if those are equal they would follow turn order.

In my situation, the 2 enemies only had 1 valid target each so movement wasn't an issue. The issue was which activates first as it was important for the quest

I did find this in another thread which may be more relevant possibly?

Rules Reference, page 12, under "Rounds": "If the order in which enemies of the same type activate becomes important, the first player decides the order."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Scatliff
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
It's about time, too.
badge
I hate overtext but love irony.
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice find. Yes, that would take precedence over what I posted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Head Zach
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bones5 wrote:
Rules Reference, page 12, under "Rounds": "If the order in which enemies of the same type activate becomes important, the first player decides the order."

Cool, because this tends to happen when the board gets crowded and there's potentially multiple fights happening due to being in the same space, Ranged enemies being adjacent to players, or Aggressive enemies moving into player spaces.

I would also argue that a fight happening due to an activation must resolve itself before the next activation can occur.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.