Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paolo Russo
Italy
Roma
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Hi, I'm making a rule summary in Italian, so I studied v.3.00 returned rules, Mayfair/Lookout 2009 rules, commentary, lou corner, yahoo group talks, and I almost cleared all the doutbs I had before to try playing it.

I have few questions still:

1. (mayfair rule 4.8.10) "if a director takes over control of a company which has a train on credit, the train must either be purchased at that point or returned to the bank": I wonder if it means that you should pay it during the SR (at that point) and so if the president can contribute to it, or it should be only with company's cash.

2. (mayfair rules 4.2.3 and 4.4.2) "from a home base": the option to upgrade out of the regional limit is depending if a 5T or 6T train owned by the company can run up to the tile to upgrade. I ask if the run can start from any company's station, or only from the one/two originals HOME station, since it is well specified there.

3. (mayfair rule 4.2.5) "non station tiles (106, 107, 108 and 112) represent ...junctions through which trains may run as if they were Stations but without scoring": I understand that it means a train can run through switching direction like it does with Cities, that the run doesn't collect money on it (no stop), but what about counting stops for the run? Since it says to consider it as a Station, do we count as a Large one against the train number (since it can turn there) or we count it as a Small one (not counting it then)?

CONFIRMS

4. buying president certificate: can you confirm that you never but the president certificate, so that in the first SR it is out of sale till the end of SR when it is assigned?

5. selling president certificate: since you can sell it to the market pool, it is possible to sell just 10% share out of the president certificate, or you should first buy one 10% share, and then sell it?

6. discussion on tiles #58. I read many different views on it, some simplify it saying "whatever" it upgrades to anything, some follow the last page upgrade list.
How do you play mostly?
Why the mayfair 2009 edition has 10 #58 tiles, not 8, not 12, like in other previous title upgrades, and/or online discussion?

MISCELLANEA

7. can you suggest a good configuration to try it as a 2 players? initial capital, min/max cities to connect, number of shares to float

8. cannot find players on rr18xx.com, is there anyone willing to play on queue, or direct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hogue
United States
O'fallon
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Serpentium wrote:
8. cannot find players on rr18xx.com, is there anyone willing to play on queue, or direct?

On rr18xx, you have put yourself in a Europe-only queue. If you change it to Europe/any, you would probably get into the next game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Russo
Italy
Roma
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Silly me, didnt notice. Thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.