Zombicide: Black Plague» Forums » Rules

Subject: Need clarification on a number of rules - Zombicide Black Plague rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jacob Schembri
msg tools
mbmbmb
Hey everyone,

Had our first game of Zombicide with 6 people playing and me frantically going through the rule book and explaining rules and concepts to other players. There were however a few things I would like clarification on:

1) Vaults. How can zombies move into vaults? Is it related to noise as there's no line of sight to them?

2) Does a failed attempt on opening a door create noise (if melee weapon creates noise)?

3) what happens if you get two double zombie spawn cards in a row? Do you draw again and spawn 4 x whatever's on the card?

4) Is there a limit to how many times you can search in one room? (I know you can only search one per turn)

5) If a Necromancer has line of sight to humans would they ignore them and still just try and escape the board?

6) If a player is holding a non duel wielding weapon such as a short bow, can they hold a second weapon in their other hand?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Trezise
United Kingdom
Rugby
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
1 - They cannot get into vaults

2 - Yes

3 - If you draw a double spawn on Spawn Point 1, you go to the next spawn point and spawn 2 there. Every time you get a double spawn, you go to the next spawn point, you should never have more than 2 on the same spawn point.

4 - You can search with one character once per turn and never if a zombie is in the same space (unless they have an ability) - the same room can be searched multiple times.

5 - yes, they go for the escape

6 - Yes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan - FOR THE GLORY!
mbmbmbmbmb
1) heroes make noise, even when standing still (breathing and such) so zombies still hear you ..
2) it's on the weapon card
3) nah you double the original spawn twice, so (1+1)+1, not (1+1)*2
4) no
5) yes
6) yes that is possible; that way you have a ranged and a melee weapon

AdeptusAce wrote:
1 - They cannot get into vaults

Oh yes they can ..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of Adam's answers are wrong (1 & 3). Here's my fleshed out responses.

1: Zombies can enter Vaults and they will always consider Vault paths whenever they are evaluating the shortest distance to their target Zone/s. If the shortest distance to a target Zone goes through a Vault, they will take the path and totally enter the Vault if they are in the Zone with its entrance.

2: Yes, as does the successful attempt. As with all noise generation, this goes into the Zone with the Survivor.

3: Double Spawn cards are resolved last when you draw multiple cards for a Zone. If you draw a Double Spawn for the first Zone, and then draw two Double Spawns for the next Zone, you will indeed draw four cards for the third Zone. In other words, the first Double Spawn card in a Zone replaces the single card for the next zone with two cards; each further Double Spawn in the Zone means adding two more cards to that next Spawn. Don't forget that a Double Spawn drawn in the last Zone of a sequence uses the first Zone in the sequence as the next Zone.

4: No limit for the room.

5: Yes. They will attack if there are Survivors in their space, but otherwise they head towards their exit Zone.

6: Yes. They choose which weapon they are using in each attack.

Edit: I'm not sure why Thaddeus is saying it adds 1 each time, as the rulebook has an example telling you to draw four cards if you get two Double Spawn cards. The thing is that each additional double spawn is simply adding two Zombies to the next Zone, not doubling the amount that would be there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Adam might have been thinking that Zombies don't spawn in Vaults when opened. Just a guess on my part, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan - FOR THE GLORY!
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
I'm not sure why Thaddeus is saying it adds 1 each time, as the rulebook has an example telling you to draw four cards if you get two Double Spawn cards. The thing is that each additional double spawn is simply adding two Zombies to the next Zone, not doubling the amount that would be there.

Yes .. why the hell am I saying that?

You are right, of course!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Sánchez
msg tools
Some extra clarifications apart of what’s already said:

1: Crowz are the only zombies that can’t go trough Vaults, unless it’s the only way to it’s objetive, witch means that survivors have to be inside the vault for this to happen. (it’s in its rule sheet)

3: You get a Doble Spawn card, ignore that Spawn Point and go for the next one; draw 2 cards and resolve them in the order they appear unless one of them is another Doble Spawn, then resolve the normal spawn card and then go for the Doble Spawn in the next Spawn Point. If you got 2 Doble Spawn cards in the same Spawn Point, then nothing happens there but 4 cards must be drawn for the next Spawn Point.
It’s in the rule book, take a look, as many missinterpretations could be told.

6: if you have a space to place your equipment card (R-hand, L-hand, body slot), then you can use it, before use it, if you have 2 of the same you can choose to use them as dual weapons, with mean 1 action that use the dice from both weapons. You can only choose to dual wield 2 of the same weapon, even if you have 3, for logical reasons (it’s in the rule book)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.