flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, all,

Goal card #513 says:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Finding the Cure

Kill eight Forest Imps. Then unlock "Forgotten Grove" (Scenario 59) and follow it to a conclusion.

The second sentence is, IMO, ambiguous. Which is the intended interpretation:

A)
Completing the task in the first sentence unlocks the scenario named in the second sentence.

B)
Unlocking the scenario named in the second sentence is independent of the first sentence, i.e. the unlock must be found "somewhere/somehow" through adventuring and/or City/Road events.

C) Something entirely different.

For the record, the word "then" in the 2nd sentence leads me to suspect that (A) is the intended interpretation, but (A) could have been conveyed more clearly with
Kill eight Forest Imps to unlock "Forgotten Grove" (Scenario 59), then follow it to a conclusion

:-?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HenningK
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a).
We had a similar issue with a different goal which caused my wife to play her Brute much longer than she needed to. But she was so attached to him and was sad when he retired, so that was still ok.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Brenner
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
Trantor42 wrote:
It is a).
We had a similar issue with a different goal which caused my wife to play her Brute much longer than she needed to. But she was so attached to him and was sad when he retired, so that was still ok.

Seconded! This is addressed in the FAQ at some point. As soon as those 8 imps are dead, the scenario is unlocked for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John B
United States
Mountain view
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
DukePhoenix wrote:
Trantor42 wrote:
It is a).

Seconded! This is addressed in the FAQ at some point. As soon as those 8 imps are dead, the scenario is unlocked for you.

FAQ:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1897763/official-faq-game-r...

Personal Quests section

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Cwertetschka
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Gloomhaven: Forgotten Circles!
mbmbmbmbmb
johnb4bgg wrote:
DukePhoenix wrote:
Trantor42 wrote:
It is a).

FAQ:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1897763/official-faq-game-r...

Personal Quests section

For quest cards 510, 513, 521, 526, and 529, I have to fulfill some condition and then unlock a scenario. Does the scenario unlock automatically once the condition is fulfilled or do I have to do something else to unlock it?
The scenario is unlocked when you fulfill the condition. You don't need to do anything else to unlock it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.