Legendary: Buffy The Vampire Slayer» Forums » Rules

Subject: Circle of Kayless rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Morgan
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
When using this card, do you receive all the abilities of the chosen card in the library?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Will you include the card text in your question?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Morgan
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
Circle of Kayless; Text reads-Use the ability of any non "Supernatural" Hero in the library. Place that Hero on the bottom of the Hero Deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
Pugs are like little people in fur coats.
badge
If it's not a Pug, it's just a dog.
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveMorgan100 wrote:
Circle of Kayless; Text reads-Use the ability of any non "Supernatural" Hero in the library. Place that Hero on the bottom of the Hero Deck.
I haven't seen the card yet, but I would play it as if the Circle of Kayless is played as if it had the text in the text box on the card. Descriptions of the cards in the rulebook have an arrow pointing to the text box labeled "Special Ability"

I don't think it would copy anything else on the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Rush
United States
bellingham
flag msg tools
mb
That's how I play it too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Little
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Murr wrote:
DaveMorgan100 wrote:
I haven't seen the card yet, but I would play it as if the Circle of Kayless is played as if it had the text in the text box on the card. Descriptions of the cards in the rulebook have an arrow pointing to the text box labeled "Special Ability"

This is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Simpson
msg tools
nicklittle wrote:
Murr wrote:
DaveMorgan100 wrote:

This is correct.

Just to clear up:

If I use Circle of Kayless to gain the ability of the card that has a pre-requisite, can I use that ability if I have met the requirements?
If the requirement is to have played a blue card, can I count Circle of Kayless as the blue card?
If the ability on the card grants additional Attack or Recruit points (such as Xander's card that adds the value of the Light to the damage), do I gain these (assuming I meet any pre-requisites for the ability)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
Pugs are like little people in fur coats.
badge
If it's not a Pug, it's just a dog.
mbmbmbmbmb
MrPyro wrote:
Just to clear up:

If I use Circle of Kayless to gain the ability of the card that has a pre-requisite, can I use that ability if I have met the requirements?
Yes
MrPyro wrote:
If the requirement is to have played a blue card, can I count Circle of Kayless as the blue card?
No
MrPyro wrote:
If the ability on the card grants additional Attack or Recruit points (such as Xander's card that adds the value of the Light to the damage), do I gain these (assuming I meet any pre-requisites for the ability)?
Yes

Pretend the text in the box of the card you're targeting is actually in the box on the Circle of Kayless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.