Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Plumlee
United States
anna
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am just wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem?

My wife and I have played this game many times as a two player game, and it seems that more often than not, once a person gets ahead, it is impossible to catch them. Sometimes it is quite frustrating. many times their is a huge point difference between players.

This does not really seem to happen in a three and four player game. This experience has just about convinced me to only play with more than two.

What do you guys think? Is it just my perception? Maybe I just play poorly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john newman
United States
Lafayette
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have never played Lotus at two players, but that there might be a runaway leader problem doesn't surprise me. Like you, I've never seen that be an issue in a three and four player game, but I could see the cascading effect of getting the special powers first. That's one reason I've never even tried Lotus at two players.

It's a great game, but just not at two players. It'll be interesting to hear The experiences of others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan & Mandy
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
This is a great Question. We designed Lotus as a couple and it's our favorite at 2 players... I really encourage you to try it at two and let us know what you think!
-Jordan & Mandy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom tom
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We dropped Lotus from our two player rotation specifically because we found the runaway leader problem common.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Galbreath
United States
Griffin
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My fiance and I have only played it at 2 player and have never had a problem with runaway victories. I don't think we've played a game yet with a spread of more than 5 or 7 points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.