3 Posts

Necromunda: Underhive» Forums » General

Subject: Escher starting skills rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Oak Wolf
msg tools
mbmb
For champions that are combat-oriented it seems that Step Aside is the best choice. This is especially true for Escher characters (Leader, Champion, Juve) as they have great initiative and they should try to get the most of the stats they pay for. For champions that prefer to shoot, Sprint might be very useful to get into good positions.

Dodge is always nice but 6+ is so random that it will often not work once per game...or against multiple hits that will Knock the girl out anyway. It could be a game changer once in a blue moon, of course, but i'd rather use our only "choice" of starting skill on something really good.

For Leaders, Overseer is certainly a great contender there (perhaps the skill is OP, as written), but for Escher specifically, Inspirational seems like a good idea. The gang has an absurdly bad Cool for one that is supposed to get into close combat, yet the leader has good leadership. In fact i'd have expected the Delaques to have that kind of crappy morale. Inspirational might help to keep them fighting and advancing by keeping the leader in range. Furthermore, it could also help with chem-synth in melee, should the situation arises.

Our leader is really necessary for the gang's survival, so i am not too keen in sending her in melee or even close, but with Inspirational she can make an attack work when it would usually fail, and our champions/ juves can be very deadly in melee. A leader with Shock Whip is very dangerous, and a plasma pistol could make use of that nice 3+ skill at short range.

The main drawback of all this is the vulnerability to Template weapons, and rapid fire ones at point blank range.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like the Escher skill that lets them Jump Up from Prone for free (Spring Up?). The leader with a Bolter/Needle gun can dive for cover (so, prone, can't be seen). Then, next turn, Jump up (no Action taken), Shoot (Action), Take cover (Action). Repeat as necessary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hill
United Kingdom
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would agree with Step Aside being extremely helpful, especially requiring a 2+ (or 3+ for a Ganger). Mobility is key for Escher, so all of the Agility traits are worthy of consideration. A sniper with the Cat-Falling trait could allow you to take more risks. That with the Take Cover could be a wonderful combo!

Dodge might not seem that great, but that occurs before the Armour Save and provided mobility. So the odds have changed from 1/6 to a 11/36 save (hope that's right); still not as great as a 5+ to save though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.