Tom Lopresti
msg tools
mbmbmb
When I was growing up in the 70s and 80s my aunt would always bring fun 'activities' for the whole group to do at get-togethers.

They weren't traditional board games, rather they were more along the lines of baby shower games.

You might have to come up with the names of Christmas songs based on clever clues; or you might have to go around the room with a piece of paper and find someone in the group who had done one of the many activities on your paper (such as someone who speaks a different language) and the first to complete their sheets wins; 3-legged races; toss water balloons; scavenger hunts; etc.

In our case, we are going to be indoors in a community center, and we want it to be especially fun the for the little kids.

After all these years and with the internet I am sure folks have much more creative and fun ideas. We appreciate any help you can give us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'rett B
United States
Stuttgart
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The first thing which comes to mind isn’t a board game. For activity games go to YouTube and search for “Minute to Win It”.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lopresti
msg tools
mbmbmb
That is exactly what we are looking for.

Thank you so very much.

These folks won't know what's coming...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Momo Momo
Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There's a game we play at larger gatherings that we call "Fishbowl," though I have no idea if that's its actual title.

Everyone writes down a person, place, or thing on a piece of paper, and then tosses the paper into a bowl. Then the group is split into two teams, and each team takes turns sending a member from their team to draw a piece of paper from the bowl and having their team guess the word on the paper without using the word themselves. Similar to Taboo. They have a minute to guess as many as they can, then it's the other team's turn.

Once all the pieces of paper have been used, you tally up scores (if anyone cares), throw all the paper back in the bowl, and start over again trying to have your team guess the word, but this time the person drawing the pieces may only use one word to describe it.

At the end of that round, tally scores again, toss the paper in the bowl, and play one more round, this time acting out the word. Like Charades. To take things to the next level you can make the person do the actions whilst entirely covered with a blanket.

Hope that made sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Pasmeny
Canada
St. Albert
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Last Banquet

Not quite 30...but has scenarios for up to 25...

meeplemeeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lopresti
msg tools
mbmbmb
To my 2 Canadian neighbors, thank you so very much for your help.

Taboo was one of my family's favorite games growing up; now we know how to play it with a group--awesome.

And one of our absolute favorite mechanics is hidden roles, and we were unaware of The Last Banquet (or that a hidden role game existed that could play that many people).

Thanks so much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kissell
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wits and Wagers is a fun for groups. I think there are even some questions available on BGG or online, so you could play with just poker chips.

Telestrations is great, and also can be hand made by cutting paper into squares to draw on.

Liars Dice is also great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lopresti
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you, KissellMissile.

We actually own all 3 games but haven't played 2 out of the 3...

That's a great idea for Telestrations so that more people can play.

We appreciate all the help so much; now we have such great ideas it will be hard to pare them down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy D
New Zealand
Invercargill
Southland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Two Rooms and a Boom?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.