Popular Tags: [View All]
Ismael Descolado
Brazil
Curitiba
Paraná
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Question 1:
In GRAN PRIX mode, can I repair my car in "assistance points" only or I can repair in somewhere track?

Question 2:
The rules states: "You can repair only issues requiring no spare partes or spare parts available to you."

"Available to you" means spare parts that I buy in start race or spare parts that are available in the deck?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ismael Descolado
Brazil
Curitiba
Paraná
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
[sorry my english]

After talk about with some friends:

Question 1:
In Grand Prix mode will can repair your car ONLY in "Assistance Points".

Question 2:
This answer is more complex. The rulebook state that the cars need spare parts to fix some items (brakes and tires), but in the ARCADE MODE the player that buy the best car will don't have money to buy pilots, spare parts or upgrades.
In carreer mode it's not a problem because the players will gain money after finish race. But if you play only one race with your friends, ops, we have a problem...

To us, in the arcade mode, after all players buy your items (pilots, spare parts and upgrades), the player that bought the best car can add $100 or $200 or $300 to buy his itens, because he NEED buy some spare parts (brakes and tires) due to EVENT CARDs.

For me this is an issue in the rules (waiting Carlo Amaddeo answer to clear this questions).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlo Amaddeo
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Question 1 answer is correct: you can move you car out of the track anytime you are on the "Start hex" to "enter into the pit lane" and make your fixes. Remember your starting speed will be 0 and you must enter the hex you left to enter the pits.

Question 2: maybe this is something we need to point out more clearly. If you are not playing a career, you need to buy a car, pilot and spares anytime you start a new game, no matter the type of racing you decide to play. This means that you will have only some spares available while playing a single race. If you want to cut the corner, consider you can only change tires and use water during a GP...this will reduce the setup time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ismael Descolado
Brazil
Curitiba
Paraná
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
consider you can only change tires and use water during a GP...this will reduce the setup time.

You are suggesting that in the ARCADE MODE SINGLE RACE (gp only) no player needs buy spare parts? (only two resources need spare parts: brakes and tires).
In GP mode the "assistance point" can provide spare parts freely, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ismael Descolado
Brazil
Curitiba
Paraná
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
If you want to cut the corner

CUT THE CORNER means "to summarize the subject", I think (rsrsrsrs). My english is not very good. We are talking about a racing game, you write "cut corner" and I keep wondering "he is talk about corner of track"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.