Subject: When can I score rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Schneider
United States
Skokie
Illinois
flag msg tools
Does scoring only happen in step 3 (or a step 3 triggered by drawing a cards in step 4) or can it be done whenever the next card to score is in the present?

For example:

The scoring pile shows card 6 meaning that card 7 would be the next to score. I Draw cards 7, 20, 47 in step 1. In step 3 I score card 7 and draw card 46 as a replacement. Card 18 allows me to bring 2 cards from the past into the present. In step 4 I activate card 18 and bring the most recent two cards from the past into the present. The cards brought from the past are card 8 and card 14. Since card 8 is now in the present do I score it or can I only score it during Step 3 (or a Step 3 triggered by drawing a cards in Step 4)? The rules only talk about scoring in step 3...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maximiliano Sanchez de Bustamante
Argentina
Olivos
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the last two pages of the rulebook there is a clarifications section. In regard your question it says:

Quote:
2. Scoring cards and placing them on the Finished! Pile:
When using actions which place or move cards in your Present Area, you should immediately score these cards the moment they are score-able.
You interrupt the action, place that card on the Finished! Pile and immediately draw a replacement card (which you may score again and so on), before continuing with the action.
This is in effect for all cards, which you draw in Step 3 and Step 4, and for all cards, which you draw or move to the Present Area by using the actions “Cards into the Past”, “Cards from the Past”, “1 Card into the Future”, “All Cards into the Future” and “Exchange Cards”.

So, in your example you should score the card 8.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Schneider
United States
Skokie
Illinois
flag msg tools
Thanks. Not sure how I missed that one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henning Kröpke
Germany
Ascheberg
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shavool wrote:

Because these are two exclusive extra pages of reminders in the PDF, which you can find in the files section.

ninja

Henning
(2F-Spieel)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maximiliano Sanchez de Bustamante
Argentina
Olivos
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Henning wrote:
shavool wrote:

Because these are two exclusive extra pages of reminders in the PDF, which you can find in the files section.

ninja

Henning
(2F-Spieel)

Oh, I didn't realize that!
I have the german edition and I never opened neither the glossary nor the rulebook because I don't understand german. I just downloaded the english files from the Files section and I assumed there were identical to the printed version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wietze abc
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Another situation.

If I have 2 already lying in present area. Then with candy draw an extra card which is 1. Do I then score only 1 or also 2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henning Kröpke
Germany
Ascheberg
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First, you score 1 (draw a replacement) and then score 2 (draw a replacement).

If one of the replacements is the 3, you score that (draw a replacement).

And so on...

The basic rule: You only score cards in the Present Area (never in the Past Area or in Future Areas).

Henning
(2F-Spiele)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.