Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Forbidden Stars» Forums » General

Subject: It's not funny anymore... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Mercer
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
OK.

When FFG & GW split I was very "meh" about it - I had no interest in any of their joint ventures or any GW IPs BUT since I got hold of Forbidden Stars recently, enough is enough.
It's no longer funny - I want more stuff! Work it out and give me an expansion (or two or three).
I have several of the fan made expansion factions but I really just want more stuff .
I realise that I'm late to the party and I realise that in reality an expansion is not going to happen but I guess I just wanted to add my voice to those of the dreamers.

Oh and I have a game planned for Saturday (my Birthday) - Yay!







14 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Bailey
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy Birthday!

I would be happy to make an expansion for either FFG or Games Workshop, whichever one has the rights to the game!

43 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin jung
United States
Palatine
IL
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam that is, as long as they are ok with you working on it from Europe...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Cole
United Kingdom
Cottenham
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
I've got to agree. FS is my favorite big thematic strategy game. So many interesting decisions. Such a great combat system. I so wish it had more factions. 6 players would also be awesome but something would need to change mechanically to stop the game length becoming too long. I wish GW and FFG would just get back together just for this game.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Bailey
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
alwaysjung wrote:
Sam that is, as long as they are ok with you working on it from Europe...


If it was just GW, that would actually be pretty convenient
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Chase
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Avatar
Man, Forbidden Stars is one of my favorites too! You did an amazing job with it, Sam. I'd instantly buy any expansion for it!!
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Bailey
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
torva wrote:
Man, Forbidden Stars is one of my favorites too! You did an amazing job with it, Sam. I'd instantly buy any expansion for it!!


You and me both
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Mercer
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Samuel Bailey wrote:
Happy Birthday!


Thank You, Samuel and a Merry Christmas to you and yours.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Randolph
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Samuel Bailey wrote:
Happy Birthday!

I would be happy to make an expansion for either FFG or Games Workshop, whichever one has the rights to the game!



SAM! SAM! He's our Man!...GO SAM GO!! RUN SAM RUN!!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Randolph
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Samuel Bailey wrote:
torva wrote:
Man, Forbidden Stars is one of my favorites too! You did an amazing job with it, Sam. I'd instantly buy any expansion for it!!


You and me both


I have cash burning a hole in my pocket right now...just sayin'.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Metelo
United States
Kennesaw
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bryancole1 wrote:
I've got to agree. FS is my favorite big thematic strategy game. So many interesting decisions. Such a great combat system. I so wish it had more factions. 6 players would also be awesome but something would need to change mechanically to stop the game length becoming too long. I wish GW and FFG would just get back together just for this game.


Did you ever play Starcrat? Same core game, less random combat.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Z
France
flag msg tools
mb
Samuel Bailey wrote:
Happy Birthday!

I would be happy to make an expansion for either FFG or Games Workshop, whichever one has the rights to the game!



Forget the GW W40K licence, just setup a kickstarter for a totally unofficial but compatible extension using random Sci-Fi faction of your own
Please take my money !!!!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.