Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Daker
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the new issue of Dragon+. "Spare the Rod" -- now let's go spoil some children!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Cheston
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool deal! What was Promo 1? The bonus cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Daker
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chestond wrote:
Cool deal! What was Promo 1? The bonus cards?

Huh! I don't know, and also I can't find any info about it. I doubt it's the bonus cards, since the new Krampus haunt is labeled "Promo Haunt 2" and numbered "Haunt P2," implying there should be a "Haunt P1."

My guess is they've prepared two (or more) promo haunts but the schedule for releasing them slipped and they went with this one first due to the holiday theming. If I'm right, we should see a P1 released sometime in the new year!

I've sent Avalon Hill/WotC an inquiry via Facebook, and I'll post here if they respond.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Daker
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dakerjohn wrote:
I've sent Avalon Hill/WotC an inquiry via Facebook, and I'll post here if they respond.

They responded, and my guess was wrong. "Promo Haunt 1" does indeed exist, and was already released -- but it's not for this game!

Apparently they released a "Haunt P1" for Betrayal at House on the Hill around the time the Widow's Walk expansion came out. For some reason they decided to continue this numbering when releasing the new haunt for Baldur's Gate, despite the two games being incompatible.

So there's our answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Cheston
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Huh. I wonder if that one is available somewhere? I couldn't find it under expansions, files, or the forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Guariento
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did some digging on the P1 haunt and found some more information about it. It is called "Walk Among the Stars" and was released exclusively for an episode of Geek & Sundry's "Game the Game".

Here is the episode:

Sadly, I haven't found a printed version of it yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.