Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Freilich
United States
Feasterville/Trevose
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So...this question might seem a bit silly, but I've got to ask it as I haven't found a suitable explanation. Just what is the Battle Axis used for? I know that you place your mission cards next to it when its on the field, but that's about it. It doesn't seem to be needed to take note of compass directions or anything, am I missing a campaign mission that calls for that? You don't even use the Axis when the sapling is in play. As far as I can tell, the axis has no real usage, yet its important enough to have it printed on the official game mat. Can anyone please enlighten me on this? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Waleke
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
or zombies or ...
badge
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." Douglas Adams
mbmbmbmbmb
Kuropuppy wrote:
So...this question might seem a bit silly, but I've got to ask it as I haven't found a suitable explanation. Just what is the Battle Axis used for? I know that you place your mission cards next to it when its on the field, but that's about it. It doesn't seem to be needed to take note of compass directions or anything, am I missing a campaign mission that calls for that? You don't even use the Axis when the sapling is in play. As far as I can tell, the axis has no real usage, yet its important enough to have it printed on the official game mat. Can anyone please enlighten me on this? Thanks!

Doesn't it have an effect on where you place your mission token?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin T.
Germany
Ravensburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kuropuppy wrote:
... I know that you place your mission cards next to it when its on the field, but that's about it. ...

I guess you gave the answer already. The game would have been nicely expandable though and you can create your own scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N F
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
It's used to place your missions, but nothing other than that. Maybe they thought it was helpful as a reference during play? If you know how far your bird can fly using the templates, then if you see an enemy out in the middle, you know how close you can get to them. Or, if you are close to the middle, you know if you can make it to the enemy nest. Just a battle field reference to help judge distance?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.