Subject: Average repetition on scenarios until accomplished rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephanie P
Canada
Montreal
QC
flag msg tools
I'm curious to know what most people's average runs/plays on a scenario until it's finished.

I'm playing solo with 3 characters, without level bump (as stated in the rules) because I've just started and I'm hoping to learn it with a bit more runs.

But for most of you, whether solo or not, what is the case?

Poll
What's your average plays/runs until finishing a scenario? (You can share scenario difficulty with your level if you wish)
5+
      118 answers
Poll created by orientcoyote

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HenningK
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I played about 75 scenarios so far, and we didn't win 10 or 15 of them on our first attempt. I think there is only one scenario we had to do a third time before beating it, and we even reduced the difficulty on that one (it was number
Spoiler (click to reveal)
72).

As some quests are harder with just 2 characters, we sometimes added a third hero on our second try.

In general, I think the scenarios get a lot easier when you know what is coming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
al Cann
United States
Warwick
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure you will get any useful data with your poll. Some players are very good and experienced so their data will be much different than inexperienced players.

Also, the degree of difficulty for each scenario is not consistent enough to remove that variable from your "experiment".

Finally, the difficulty level chosen for each scenario will also add another factor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
We actually haven't failed a scenario yet (only 5 plays in), but we've gone back to redo scenarios 1 and 2 to get the treasure chest we missed the first time. Playing on normal with a flux of 2-4 characters depending on who shows up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jussi-Pekka Jokinen
Finland
Riihimäki
flag msg tools
At your service!
badge
When in Rome...
mbmbmbmbmb
I forgot to divide the scenario level by 2, so my first 3 scenarios took 5+ tries on the average... probably (hopefully) a little less in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie P
Canada
Montreal
QC
flag msg tools
For sure! My curiosity is just about how I (or we) would gauge my (our) capability to play this game as a beginner or eventually experienced player. For some, it could be frustrating to fail a lot of times not knowing others go through the same ordeal.

I'm really having fun though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
al Cann
United States
Warwick
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You might gain some insight reading through this thread ...

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1852944/why-do-some-think-g...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dee Wongsa
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Playing solo, 2 characters with the recommended difficulty setting (Monster level & Trap Dmg +1). Scenarios take 2-3 tries, and only once have I won the first time around. I try to shoot for opening chests and getting my battle goals, but I don't try very hard to pick up loot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paweł Wachta
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
dejadee wrote:
Playing solo, 2 characters with the recommended difficulty setting (Monster level & Trap Dmg +1). Scenarios take 2-3 tries, and only once have I won the first time around. I try to shoot for opening chests and getting my battle goals, but I don't try very hard to pick up loot.

And this is the reason why I'm not going to use higher difficulty for solo play. I don't have whole life to finish this game and definitely don't want to try complete each scenario 2-3 times

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Wonham
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played about 8 so far. We played the first one at -1 difficulty as we'd such things about the hard game that we didn't want to put the group off. Since then everything has been at normal difficulty for the party level.

Only one Scenario
Spoiler (click to reveal)
has broken us - which was a tactics issue I think. Most scenarios come down to the last couple of turns - usually at least one character is exhausted.

I think it's better to spend 10 gold than lower the difficulty - you'll get the money back in spades with a couple of bless cards in your hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmbmbmbmb
2 characers, normal difficuly. We played 44 scenarioes (34 regular, 10 KS) and we lost something like 2 of the first 5 and 4 of the first 12 or something like that and only lost once since although we had some super close calls.

We got gud.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.