5 Posts

Secrets of the Lost Tomb» Forums » General

Subject: Does this game need sleeves? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Twisk of the Blue Feathers
United States
flag msg tools
My name is Twisker, and I am a baby parrotlet.
badge
For no discernible reason, I like hanging trapeze-like in towel folds.
mbmbmbmbmb

I have been sleeving my games lately but they have been deckbuilders so lots of shuffling. They also use standard size sleeves which has made things easier. (I like Dragon Shield mattes.)

I just got Secrets and see it has lots of those little Euro size cards. Wondering if they need to be sleeved or whether, like Arkham Horror, they never get shuffled once the game starts.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bredon
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You sometimes need to search a deck for an item or artifact, and you need to shuffle afterwards, but in general, after the start of the game, there isn't a lot of shuffling.

You might want to sleeve the monster cards, as they will be put into/taken out of the red stands quite often.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Twisk of the Blue Feathers
United States
flag msg tools
My name is Twisker, and I am a baby parrotlet.
badge
For no discernible reason, I like hanging trapeze-like in towel folds.
mbmbmbmbmb

Are the monster cards the standard size ones or the small ones?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bredon
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are both - the larger monster cards are bosses and aren't put in/taken out as often (once per play of that scenario). The smaller monster cards are normal and elite monsters and are put in when they spawn and taken out when they die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
It's a love/hate relationship.
badge
Check out my board game instructional videos on my YouTube channel: "The Game Explainer".
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm normally a sleever, but we've played SotLT a ton with no sleeves and had no issues with card wear. The card quality is surprisingly good for a first game from a new company.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.