Opinion by the linked author only, but interesting (descending order);
10. Mugabe's ouster
9. Britain triggers Article 50 (Brexit)
8. The Rohingya crisis
7. The fall of Mosul
6. Mohammad Bin Salman remakes Saudia Arabia
5. Global growth picks up
4. The Globe continues to warm
3. North Korea defies the World
2. Xi Jinpings "Extraordinary Elevation"
1. Donald Trump champions America First
Additions to the list? I would agree that most, if not all, are significant. I might argue the order, but don't disagree with his picks, overall.
Contributing to 4. might be Trumps withdrawal from the TPP.
Effectiveness of 6. has yet to be determinged, and that can cause some angst in the Middle East.
7. might be shortlived, as ISIS will simply relocate to other locations.
3. has yet to play out, in terms of what the World (and more specifically, the U.S., does about it.
2. is a signal that China (and Xiping) look to gain a larger role on the world stage in the coming decade, which I suspect will lead to some tension, with the U.S.
1. is most definitely the story of 2017, as Trump closes out his first year in office. No doubt a tumultuous one, in which our solid relations with long-standing allies, is now in question.