Popular Tags: [View All]
Corey Young
United States
Dayton
OH
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

If you'd like to make your own trays like those shown above, I've uploaded the cut files for them. You'll need some 3mm plywood and access to a laser cutter. The readme.txt file included in the zip file should answer most questions.

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/157216/macao-tray-organiz...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joaquin Lowe
United States
Sausalito
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
This is so cool. Macao is my favorite game and I'm starting to upgrade it. Since I don't have a laser cutter, does anyone know of an online service that could make these for me?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Young
United States
Dayton
OH
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question. I just looked at a few. OutFab seemed nice, but you'd be well over $200 to have them do it for you. I've found good reasonable local places in Ohio and Michigan. I have to believe there would be 20 places near you. SF has a great maker community.

Start with Google.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A place near me charges $40 an hour. About how long would it take to cut all the pieces for 4?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Young
United States
Dayton
OH
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Laser speeds vary, but I’m betting it would take 20-30 minutes, assuming they’re watching the process and swapping the boards as they finish. The design is not intricate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joaquin Lowe
United States
Sausalito
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Thanks Corey, I've sent a couple emails out to local companies. Fingers crossed it won't be too expensive. I'll post images here if/when I get it completed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Young
United States
Dayton
OH
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've found that you can save a lot if you buy the wood and bring it to the cutter. This is likely only an option for smaller "mom and pop" cutters.

Cutters that do more craft-like work will have higher-end wood in stock, but that's overkill for most projects like this. You can get suitable wood at most hobby stores or big box home improvement stores.

That said, some cutters understandably don't want to use wood from other sources. It's a laser. It burns things. Some things are more flammable than you'd expect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.