BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: WSIG - Heavy Gamer Seeking Light/Mid Weight Games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Morris
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Over the last year or so I have purged many of the “gateway” games from my collection I never really enjoyed. Now however I’m realizing I need more low/mid weight games in my collection as many of my games are a bit too heavy for casual play.

I’m looking for games in the realm of “pull off the shelf, teach, play”, <2 hours, just crunchy enough.

Games I have and enjoy that I’d put into this category are Star Realms, Century: Spice Road, Paris Connection, The Climbers, Pandemic.

Games I have played/previously owned and not enjoyed in this realm: 7 Wonders (might be willing to give it another shot), Codenames… Here’s my collection link https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/TriticusLev

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Blottie
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out Sakura and Tournament at Camelot if you're into trick taking games like Trick of the Rails (they're both meaty but simple to understand games).

Azul is probably right up your alley, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Grdnr
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I have been playing a lot of Isle of Skye, the auction mechanic really gives a lot to think about and still have a lot of fun.
I am also really digging Medici and Ra for the same reasons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin Woody
United States
Pottsboro
Texas
flag msg tools
I'm trying to reform though.
badge
On the restless road to nowhere, there's no certain peace it seems.
mbmbmbmbmb
Is Walnut Grove light enough for your purpose?
My wife and I have had success in teaching that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Jackson
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
What is the sound of one card shuffling?
mbmbmbmbmb
old knizia games definitely. Ra, Modern Art, Medici, Samurai, T&E (admittedly this one is little trickier to teach), Through The Desert.

for a newer one, Azul has been a huge hit for me thus far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.