Subject: Boss considered Elite? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For personal goal purposes, say I have to kill an elite to get my checkmerk, are bosses considered elite?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
No. Bosses are neither normal nor elite. They are their own type of enemy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Loehr
Canada
flag msg tools
They are a different class of enemy, they are not considered elite or normal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Lapsley
United States
Verona
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, a note for later, Named monsters (using regular monster stands) are yet another type that are not normal, elite, or boss.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Desroches
Canada
flag msg tools
I'd interpret the battle goal as "Elite or higher" and your boss kill would count.

Main reason you wouldn't consider bosses elite is that there are cards that can "Kill" an elite monster instantly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Flamingcloud83 wrote:
I'd interpret the battle goal as "Elite or higher" and your boss kill would count.

I don't believe that is how the card is actually written. Of course, like everything else, there isn't anything to stop you from playing it that way, but such an interpretation would essentially be a house rule

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des T.
Germany
flag msg tools
This user optimizes his gaming experience.
badge
This user might be a mutant in hiding.
mbmbmbmbmb
The cardtext is "Hunter: Kill one or more elite monsters during the scenario."

Gloomhaven is usually very precise in it's wordings. If it doesn't say "elite or higher", then it doesn't mean "elite or higher".

That aside, I'm very sure if "elite or higher" was meant, it would be worded as "elite or boss". Elites and normals are both subsets of the same creature, while bosses are their own creature type and aren't, technically, "higher".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael ray
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
DeS_Tructive wrote:
The cardtext is "Hunter: Kill one or more elite monsters during the scenario."

Gloomhaven is usually very precise in it's wordings. If it doesn't say "elite or higher", then it doesn't mean "elite or higher".

That aside, I'm very sure if "elite or higher" was meant, it would be worded as "elite or boss". Elites and normals are both subsets of the same creature, while bosses are their own creature type and aren't, technically, "higher".

Wouldn't 'higher' depend on the local marijuana laws, and the monsters life style choices?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.