Popular Tags: [View All]
Brendan O'Brien
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have two questions I'm hoping to get an answer to:

1. When playing two player and you add officials to a noble's office that is full, if the other player and the neutral official both only have one official in the office, do you remove both, or do you only remove the other players official and leave the neutral one?

2. In the rulebook it says that you refill everything except public buildings at the end of your turn. Does your turn end before or after following happens? So for example if I get decrees with my noble action and I take one or two decrees from the board, and then the other player follows, does the board get refilled before or after he follows?

Thanks for your help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Hendrickson
United States
Seward
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. The rules for normal play explain how to choose which noble to be displaced when the office is full; if tied, I think it is your choice.

2. End-of-turn actions occur AFTER any following done by other player(s). As you noted, the only instant refill thing is public buildings. Everything else waits until all following has been completed. This has an impact on available decrees, available colors of shops to be built, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cabral
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. When the offices are full the player that has the most or tied for the most is removed, in your scenario there are only 1 of each which means that you are the majority in that office and would kick your own officials out. In 2-player and solo the neutral officials are NEVER removed.

2. Short Answer: Opponents can follow you at the end of your action(s). So the board gets refilled after your opponent follows.

Long answer: Once everyone has followed or passed that is the end of your turn. That means that decrees, stores, clergy tiles are not refilled immediately - The exception being that Public buildings are refilled immediately. The decrees, clergy tiles and stores would be refilled after opponents have had a chance to follow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan O'Brien
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.