GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,268 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » Rules

Subject: Do curses persist over scenarios rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dr. Funktastic

Antarctica
msg tools
My character has gained some curses
Spoiler (click to reveal)
opening of scenario 2

Do these curses remain in my attack modification deck until they eventually get played out? Or do I remove them between scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
You remove any blesses or curses at the end of each scenario, regardless of where they came from.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pyrros Chaidos
Greece
Athens
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
They are removed (same for the monster deck, see pg 33).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Wise
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Take 'em out (you gotta keep 'em separated)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Dexter345 wrote:
You remove any blesses or curses between scenarios, regardless of where they came from.

Specifically, I would say that attack modifier decks are "reset" (in terms of removing unused bless/curse cards) at the end of each scenario, since there are events between scenarios that can add such cards, with the intent that those additions carry into the next scenario (i.e. donating to the Sanctuary)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JayJ79 wrote:
Dexter345 wrote:
You remove any blesses or curses between scenarios, regardless of where they came from.

Specifically, I would say that attack modifier decks are "reset" (in terms of removing unused bless/curse cards) at the end of each scenario, since there are events between scenarios that can add such cards, with the intent that those additions carry into the next scenario (i.e. donating to the Sanctuary)

Strictly speaking, donating to the sanctuary sets up a delayed effect whereby you add the bless cards to your deck when you set up the next scenario. It's an obvious shortcut to add them to the deck immediately, but, in rules terms, they only officially get added later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.