Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Ross
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
New to the game so please forgive my simple questions:

When activating a rebel unit...
• May a character use the same action twice as their two activations (i.e. Move their full speed and then move their full speed)
• Attack the same imperial unit twice

The bit about this in the quick start guide was unclear to me in that it references "any combination of the actions listed below" or something to that nature.

Thanks in advance the clarification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Cobalta wrote:
New to the game so please forgive my simple questions:

When activating a rebel unit...
• May a character use the same action twice as their two activations (i.e. Move their full speed and then move their full speed)
• Attack the same imperial unit twice

The bit about this in the quick start guide was unclear to me in that it references "any combination of the actions listed below" or something to that nature.

Thanks in advance the clarification.

You can do the same action twice. However, attacking is limited to only once for Rebel and Imperial Figures. Only Heroes can attack twice, unless something specifically says others can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Roy
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can do any action twice that isn't a "special action", which are designated by that swoopy arrow icon. There are also abilities that may be once per activation, which are written in the text of the ability.

Attacking twice is fine, moving twice, resting twice, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Ross
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks all for the quick responses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Generally a figure can perform the same action twice.

A figure can perform each special action only once, but both of the actions can be different special actions.

Heroes can perform attacks in both of their actions, non-heroes can perform only one action that contains one or more attacks (e.g. Brutality) - they can additionally perform attacks from abilities that are not actions though. And Assault removes this restriction.

Only heroes can Rest.

Also see What are some crazy or common rule-breaking mistakes your group made whilst learning the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cracky McCracken
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OP, your question is answered on page 3 of the Rules Reference Guide.

Look it up. Your question is very basic and is covered in the rules.

If you're confused about activating heros than you surely are missing other details. You need to go over the rules a bit more. Good luck and may the Force be with you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.