Popular Tags: [View All]
C Sandifer
United States
Lutherville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
User GameplayerOfTitan kindly gave me permission to update his original FAQ.

If anything looks incorrect, please let me know. I'll eventually upload this as a file to the game page. Note: There are 1-2 unanswered questions that I'll post in another thread.

GENERAL

Q: Is there a limit to the number of equipment items that can be carried by a player?

A: No. You can carry as many equipment items as you like.

Q: Are Will checks done by rolling dice equal to the number of Will tokens owned by a player, or dice equal to a character’s printed Will value?

A: A number of dice equal to a character’s printed Will value, though some adventures will ask you specifically to roll dice equal to your current number of will tokens.

Q: What is the function of the Time Paradox stats on the equipment cards and time castaways?

A: When all the components of the time machine are put in place and players make the time jaunt, the total paradox value of all remaining cards in the equipment deck is added to the paradox track, along with the total paradox value of any unrescued castaways. This determines whether the players win or lose (Paradox track reaches volcano space = loss), and the Future Results (p. 23) if the players win.

Q: When may equipment cards like ammo or medical supplies be used? Can they be used in the middle of an encounter (e.g., after a failed flee check, before trying again) or only after having completed the encounter?

A: Ammo and medical supplies cannot be used while resolving an encounter (e.g., during combat or while resolving an adventure). They can be used any other time during a player’s turn.

Q: Can you use Will tokens to add another die when performing a "Will versus Distrust" check on a castaway?

A: Yes.

Q: When you choose to perform a voluntary Emergency Recall, do you leave behind time castaways and machine parts, or just machine parts?

A: Just machine parts. Note: Recalling ends your movement, but you can still heal, drop equipment, etc., in the volcano/time machine space just as if you ended your movement there.

Q: Can players trade equipment while everyone is together at the start of the game?

Q: Is there a limit to the number of time castaways that can accompany a player?

A: No.

Q: If you are required to open a Time Rift, and all 6 Rift markers are already on the game board, you are supposed add 2 paradox to the Paradox track. But what if adding 2 Paradox causes the track to cross another Time Rift symbol? Would that cause another 2 Paradox to be added, potentially crossing a Rift symbol and causing another two Paradox to be added, and so on?

A: If you add 2 to the Paradox track because all 6 Rifts are open, ignore any crossed Rift icons as the track advances. Otherwise the track will accelerate at too fast a pace.

Q: Is a pack of three creature cards represented by three standees or a single standee?

A: A single standee, and the set of three cards is placed together on the same space of the activity track.

Q: What happens if you run out of spaces in the activity track?

A: There is no limit to the number of spaces on the activity track. Just keep adding cards to the right of the other cards.

Q: In Step 1 of the Paradox turn (Generate Paradox), what happens if doubles are rolled? If the numbers match an open Rift, is one Paradox added or two?

A: Two. Example: If a 3-3 is rolled, and Rift #3 is open, two Paradox is added to the track.

Q: Can you use a Will token to re-roll a Passive ability roll?

Q: When equipment gives you “+1”, does that mean one guaranteed success or one additional die to roll?

A: One additional die to roll.

Q: When performing the time jaunt, are the castaways that are traveling with players killed? Or is it just the unaccompanied castaways on the board that are killed?

A: After the jaunt, all remaining castaways are killed. This includes the unaccompanied castaways on the board as well as the castaways who are traveling with players.

Q: Are the number of creatures on the board limited by the number of standees? For example, what happens if I have to put a fifth water creature on the board?

A: Creatures are limited by the number of standees. In your example, you would remove the oldest (farthest left on the activity track) water creature from play, discard it, and re-purpose that creature's standee.

Q: Once a castaway accompanies a player, can it ever be killed or otherwise affected by encounters?

A: No. Once a castaway accompanies a player, that castaway is safe.

Q: Does an encounter in which you make a successful Passive roll against a Passive creature end your movement?

A: Yes. All movement points are lost after any creature encounter, including an encounter with a Passive creature.

Q: If a time castaway kills a creature, does the paradox tracker advance 2 spaces?

Q: When exactly can I perform a voluntary Emergency Recall?

A: You may not perform a voluntary Emergency Recall during any step of an exploration or encounter. E.g., after flipping over a new hex, you may not Recall to avoid an imminent creature encounter. And after a failed Kill/Drive Off/Flee roll, you cannot Recall to avoid another round of combat. You may perform an Emergency Recall any other time, including at the very end of your turn (i.e., after all encounters have been resolved). Reminder: An Emergency Recall uses up all remaining movement points, if there were any left.

MOVEMENT

Q: How many spaces do creatures and time castaways move on their movement phase?

A: One space each. The illustrated movement example (p. 15) is sadly incorrect.

Q: Can creatures enter the volcano space?

A: No, with the exception of the Allosaurus.

Q: Is there any way for a creature to move into an unexplored space?

A: No. Flying and Juggernaut creatures won’t enter unexplored spaces.

Q: Can anyone (hero, carnivore, herbivore, castaway) enter water spaces without restriction?

Q: Is a time castaway allowed to enter the volcano space?

A: No, unless they’re accompanying a player.

Q: What happens when you explore an empty space containing a castaway and you have a creature or adventure encounter? Is the creature/adventure resolved first or the encounter with the castaway?

A: The creature/adventure resolves first. Then, assuming you remain in the hex after the creature/adventure encounter, you encounter the castaway. Note: If you encounter a creature, and then Flee, the creature will eat the castaway!

Q: When a creature moves onto my hex, nothing happens until my next turn. On my next turn, I immediately encounter the creature. Can I do anything after the encounter, or does my turn end immediately?

A: The beginning-of-turn creature encounter immediately reduces your movement to 0. This means that you cannot expend movement points on a turn in which you start in the same hex as a creature. However, you might end up Fleeing from the creature into an unexplored space, which could cause further encounters.

Q: Does returning a castaway to its Time Rift immediately end your movement?

A: No, you may continue moving afterwards. Only creature, adventure, and castaway encounters cause you to lose your remaining movement points.

Q: A time castaway happens to move onto the Rift from whence it came. If a creature is already on that Rift, what happens? Does the castaway encounter the creature, dying immediately, or does the Rift automatically send the castaway back?

A: Unless the castaway has the ability to engage in combat and potentially defeat the creature, the castaway is killed.

Q: What happens if multiple creatures move into a location with a player? Do the creatures interact with each other and the winning creature faces the player on his turn?

A: Yes, the creatures fight, then the hero gets to encounter the winning creature at the start of his/her player turn.

COMBAT

Q: Soldier Hana’s “combat trained” ability: Does the re-roll occur before any dice explosions, or after? E.g., I roll 5 dice and get four 1's and a 6. Do I spend my Will to re-roll now, or do I see what happens to the explosion first? If it's the latter, is the additional die from the explosion also re-rolled?

A: The re-roll occurs after any explosions, and additional dice from any explosions will also be re-rolled.

Q: How does the Tail Attack trait work?

A: It works like any other skill check. You roll the # of dice equal to your Speed rating versus the # of dice indicated by the Tail Attack trait. If you fail the check, you take one damage and continue with normal combat resolution.

Q: Can weapons with the Repel ability be used for standard combat, or can they only be used to Drive Off creatures?

A: The Repel ability is optional. Weapons with the Repel ability can also be used for standard combat.

Q: When you attempt to Drive Off a creature using a weapon with the Repel ability, is an ammo token expended?

Q: If a creature knocks out a player, is the creature placed on the board as a standee or is the creature card discarded?

A: The creature is placed on the board as a standee and added to the activity track.

SPECIFIC CARDS

Q: Amelia Earhart adds one movement point to your hero. Does that bonus also apply to speed checks?

A: No. If you are accompanied by Amelia and your Speed value is 3, your roll 3 dice when attempting to Flee from a creature. However, you have 4 points available for general movement.

Q: When Amelia Earhart enters play, her Rift immediately closes. Is the Paradox track moved back one space when this occurs, as if a castaway were returned?

Q: Say that Amelia Earhart enters play (at which time her Rift immediately closes) and is represented by castaway standee #2. If Rift #2 enters the game at a later point, can Amelia be returned to that Rift?

A: No. Once Amelia enters play she is permanently disassociated from any of the Rifts. At this point, you should use a different token to represent Amelia, rather than a numbered castaway standee.

Q: Ol’ One Eye has the ability: “If Ol’ One Eye would be discarded, put him on top of the Carnivore deck instead.” Does this mean discarded from play, or any discard? For example, what happens when One Eye is discarded during the resolution of a Pack ability? Is One Eye returned to the top of the deck at the end of the Pack resolution, or is it actually discarded?

A: One Eye’s ability only kicks in when he is discarded from play. So when One Eye is discarded during a Pack ability resolution he is actually discarded.

Q: What happens if you Drive Off (repel) a Wooly Mammoth?

A: You send the Mammoth to the discard pile but keep the Rift open, so you wind up with a Rift you can't close. Instead of Driving Off the Mammoth, you have other options: You might eliminate the Mammoth to close the rift, end the game by repairing the time machine, hope that the Mammoth wanders back to its Rift, or hope that a stronger creature moves into the Mammoth space and eats it.

Q: Can you use a voluntary Emergency Recall to immediately escape from a failed Quicksand encounter?

Q: Does the time rift for the Mysterious Death Ray remain open the rest of the game since it's considered equipment and not a time castaway? Or does the time rift close immediately? Or are you able to close it if you take the item back to the time rift like a time castaway?

A: Treat the Death Ray as a piece of equipment that you can optionally throw back through its Rift to close it.

Q: What’s the timing of equipment like the Sentry Bot? Is there a window of opportunity to set up a Bot after revealing a tile, but before drawing a card? Or am I allowed to set up a Bot after drawing a creature card, after I see the creature? Or is there no window and I must wait until an encounter has been fully resolved before setting up a Bot?

A: There is no “window of opportunity” as described above. A Sentry Bot may be placed anytime on your turn, as long as it is not placed during an exploration/encounter. An exploration/encounter must be fully resolved before a Bot can be placed. Examples of legal play: You may set up a Sentry Bot in your current hex before exploring a new hex. Or, after successfully Fleeing from a creature into an adjacent hex, you may set up a Bot as a potential ambush. Examples of illegal play: You cannot set up a Sentry Bot after revealing a new hex and realizing that you will face a creature. You also cannot set up a Bot after a failed combat roll to try and prevent another round of combat.

Note: Items such as the Sensor Goggles adhere to the same timing rules. They can be used anytime on your turn, as long as they are not used during an exploration/encounter.

EASILY MISSED RULES

Attempting to Drive Off a creature with a weapon with the Repel ability requires the player to expend a Will token.

During Phase 3 of the Paradox Turn (Check for Paradox Storm), you compare the die roll to the temporal stability rating printed beside the paradox track, not the number listed in the current space of the Paradox track.

Once per turn, you may conduct a Forced March by expending a Will token to move one additional space – but only if you haven’t already had a creature, adventure, or castaway encounter.

For any given skill check, you are limited to getting skill bonuses from one item and one accompanying castaway. E.g., you can get a +1 Brawn bonus from an item and another +1 Brawn bonus from a castaway (+2 Brawn total), but you can't get two +1 Brawn bonuses from two items or two castaways.

To activate an item with the Activate keyword, a player must spend a Will token.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Sandifer
United States
Lutherville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Note: A cleaned-up .pdf version has been submitted and will be available for download soon.

Edit: Done! Here's the link...

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/157426/escape-100-million...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Sandifer
United States
Lutherville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just submitted v2.0 of the FAQ file, which answers a few more questions (see bottom of file page for additions).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.