1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » United States » Southwest

Subject: BGG Member Seeking Relationship rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Just_Entered_A_New_Realm [+] [View All]
Brian Bleifeld

Texas
msg tools
Divorced 44 year old male who considers board games an integral part of his life seeks partner in life and love.

Some conditions.

No AP. Games can be competitive but AP is just bad.

I get Blue (Non Negotiable)

What happens in game stays in game. If "take that happens" it does not affect life post game.

Also no favorites in gaming.

Houston area preferable.

• [+] Dice rolls
Dominick Duhamel
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
within cells interlinked
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I just say totally unironically that I love that members of this community, when articulating the qualities they are looking for in an ideal partner, consider it important to list multiple preferences regarding what type of board gamer their partner would be but do not even mention their preferences regarding gender or sexual orientation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools

All the best with your search Brian. I'm impressed that looks, kindness and personality don't feature high in your requirements.

Sorry to ask, but did...
Bleifeld wrote:
I get Blue (Non Negotiable)
... have anything to do with the divorce?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FPV
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
dduhamel1 wrote:
Can I just say totally unironically that I love that members of this community, when articulating the qualities they are looking for in an ideal partner, consider it important to list multiple preferences regarding what type of board gamer their partner would be but do not even mention their preferences regarding gender or sexual orientation.

??????????????????
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian, Brian, Brian ...

You only have six games in your collection. How can that future partner know you can provide? Or that your game tastes fit together?

Did the ex get your game collection?

Good luck, man. A good gaming partner may be more challenging to find than a spouse without that condition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Lim
Philippines
Iloilo
Oton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LOL at this

but....

@Brian. Would you mind if i copy your idea?

I have quite exactly the same situation with you.

with just 3 minor changes:
- im 37
- I ALWAYS get Green(Ive been using green in gaming for almost 3 decades now, since i start playing Monopoly , see that
symbol below my avatar?)
- Im at Philippines

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Lim
Philippines
Iloilo
Oton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SpaceAlien wrote:
Brian, Brian, Brian ...

You only have six games in your collection. How can that future partner know you can provide? Or that your game tastes fit together?

Good luck, man. A good gaming partner may be more challenging to find than a spouse without that condition.

LOL. Not me. I am sure i have more than 6 games in my collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mason Rouser
United States
Johnstown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Too bad we don't havre something like this for BBG. I've met single women at game nights that interested me but I never acted because I didn't want to discourage them from coming back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian
Australia
North Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Sounds like a perfect match.

dchamp wrote:

I have quite exactly the same situation with you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNC0kIzM1Fo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bleifeld

Texas
msg tools
No Blue is my game color and it is no negotiable. My ex was not into games but not the reason we are split.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bleifeld

Texas
msg tools
SpaceAlien wrote:
Brian, Brian, Brian ...

I never bought games during the marriage as I did not have access to the money after the ex spent it all. I am a CPA and work a great job now so I am building up my collection. Next Buys TM, Suburbia, Feast for Odin, bunny kingdom etc.

My game store has about 400 games to borrow and our meetup group leader has over 600 so I don't have to own to play lol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bleifeld

Texas
msg tools
dduhamel1 wrote:

Actually the only thing that really matters is the game preference everything else can be worked out over time and I right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bleifeld wrote:
dduhamel1 wrote:

Actually the only thing that really matters is the game preference everything else can be worked out over time and I right?

I don't know about that. I think how two people communicate is very important.

... And my earlier comment was meant jokingly, not literally.

Just get out there. Meet people. Maybe one of the people you meet will lead to the next game, next group of people, the next one for you.

Good luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shumyum
United States
flag msg tools
badge
♒♒♒♒♎♒♒♒♒ sloooowly sinking
Seriously?

Do you really not care whether s/he sleeves their cards or not?

“Open” relationships sound workable in theory but certain boundaries need to be established from the get-go in my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bleifeld

Texas
msg tools
Must use Sleeves
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmb
Bleifeld wrote:
Must use Sleeves

Always practice safe shuffling! devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Candace Mercer
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrouser wrote:
Too bad we don't havre something like this for BBG. I've met single women at game nights that interested me but I never acted because I didn't want to discourage them from coming back.

I think that is a good call. Wait until they are regulars LOL. I have never had any romantic luck in game areas but then again, the idea of it is so off my radar in that environment.

I did see a good gaming friend act totally weird around a pretty girl. It was disgusting! And sad! And funny! It was just, "who is this guy?' Needless to say I did not see them game together at any point at the day long con. It was bad. I am not implying you are as inept as this guy but just general warning to be careful on that. Creepy is not inviting.

This is such a great idea! Is there a dedicated area for personal ads? I really don't do online dating, but I actually could see doing it here. Generally cause most everyone is pretty cool and I think the gaming is a pretty good barometer of compatibility right?

At least on general personality types, I love my gaming community for that. I am 54 yr old disabled female, and I can't think of any time when I was not welcomed but different ages etc. because of the shared interest. Underestimate me at your peril LOL. But I have friends I never would have met without gaming.

I am single and have no problem playing games with new people!

To OP, I hope you get some good games in at least!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Drozek-Fitzwater
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Brian. Are you familiar with the Houston Boardgaming Meetup Group? There are several places around the city people get together. I believe the largest is Tuesday and Thursdays near West U.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith B
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bleifeld wrote:
SpaceAlien wrote:
Brian, Brian, Brian ...

I never bought games during the marriage as I did not have access to the money after the ex spent it all. I am a CPA and work a great job now so I am building up my collection. Next Buys TM, Suburbia, Feast for Odin, bunny kingdom etc.

My game store has about 400 games to borrow and our meetup group leader has over 600 so I don't have to own to play lol.

Let's see:

- I'm 48
- Live in Houston
- Am also a CPA
- No favorites
- No to very little AP
- Love Bunny Kingdom, TM, Feast for Odin

Match????

Oh, wait, my preferred color is Blue...and I'm married. Sorry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Phillips Beckerman
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you youngsters think it's hard to find a gamer/life partner, you should think about the plight of a retired woman living in Austin. LOL, very very young town. And even when I go to cons, it seems like men my age are in a backroom somewhere discussing which shade of red is more authentic on their hand-painted Barbie Armies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I feel for you, Sam.

It would be a win to find a like-interested person(s) to commit to playing a game on a weekly basis...and that's before thinking of anything more personal. As a retiree, I've an open schedule but that alone doesn't create the possibilities. My game interests fit better with people 15-20 years younger than I am.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Curtis
United States
Andrews
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam Houston wrote:
If you youngsters think it's hard to find a gamer/life partner, you should think about the plight of a retired woman living in Austin. LOL, very very young town. And even when I go to cons, it seems like men my age are in a backroom somewhere discussing which shade of red is more authentic on their hand-painted Barbie Armies.

My wife and I (both mid-50s) get to Austin from time to time. And we are both going to be in San Antonio this weekend (PAX South). Would love to hang out and play some games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendy Gibler
United States
flag msg tools
FUCHSIA PLEASE! ! !
mbmbmbmbmb
Brian-BRIAN-B R I A N! Look what you started! LOL I hope to see you at ETTIN Tuesday! I was looking for AZ info and found this LOL . I love it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Phillips Beckerman
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got an idea! How about a BGG Singles Guild?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Perna
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sam Houston wrote:
I've got an idea! How about a BGG Singles Guild?

I wonder what the turnover of THAT would be...

I support the idea.

- Erl
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.