Subject: Team Play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Duke Drizzt
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
All my time with this game so far has been of the 1v1v1 free for all variety and can't wait to play teams but was wondering how ppl divvy up the health pts. I know the rules say it's a shared pool of 50. Do ppl set both players dials (in a 2v2 game) to 50 and whenever one gets damaged they both reduce the proper amount of health? Each player only take 25 and dmg is taken individually? Or do some like to do, say, a 30-20 split or some other variation as long as it equals 50? I guess in the end it can be done however the group wants but was just curious if there's a "standard" way of doing it across the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Saxberg
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You only need one health dial for the team. Set it to 50.

If one of the players is damaged, reduce the dial by that amount. If both players are damaged simultaneously (say, by an attack that affects "all opponents", reduce it once per player affected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duke Drizzt
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Oh yeah, duh! I didn't even think about that. lol blush

We might try splitting it up sometime too to see how that can work. Maybe give a high def/healer less health and more to an offensive beast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArcNeo Masato
United States
Pasco
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only issue with splitting health like that is it then becomes possible for one person from the side to get knocked out, then it's 2 VS 1 and totally lopsided. I've played a number of games that do the "shared team health" mechanic, and there's always been a reason for it. lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.