Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tommy Roman
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG has just released a preview for the next data pack in the Kitara cycle- The Devil and the Dragon.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/12/19/the-de...

A new criminal identity joins the game- the mysterious 419.

Let's be frank, Lemuria Codecracker never did anything in the old core set, and all of the intermittent expose effects that have since been released were decidedly underwhelming. It is possible that those much scoffed at expose effects have been granted a second chance under the wise tutelage of our lead designer. The event Falsified Credentials is the perfect companion to 419's native ability, essentially doubling the number of Sure Gamble's in your deck when used appropriately. Drive-By also becomes more effective. (Where is Zaibatsu Loyalty when you really need it?)

Weyland also receives a new identity in the form of SSO Industries, meant to synergize with the public agendas by gifting additional advancement tokens to ICE and speeding up your board state. Coupled with the Rennovation agendas and the new City Works Project, the nebula and wonders ICE will accrue those counters more quickly- very suitable for glacier-style play. CWP is also a very interesting defensive agenda since IAA results in 4 meat damage should the Runner dare steal the next turn. A Punitive Counterstrike may deliver a coup-de-grace.

Other honorable mentions:

Oduduwa is a Weyland ICE with a self-sustaining Rover Algorithm-like effect. (NOTE: I misread this card, apologies. Although Oduduwa's strength does not benefit from additional counters, other ICE can and it could also serve as a reservoir for Trick of Light or Red Planet Couriers.)

Apex gets another card in Consume

Tempus is an HB ambush upgrade that may play games with Runner clicks (can't tell from the card fan), and could couple well with Strong Box or Mason Bellamy.

I am really impressed with the quality of the 5/3 agendas released in Kitara thus far- they do offer some some very good choices besides the classic GFI.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Matt
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmb
amazing agenda, wow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goeshi
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A Film Critic-proof defensive agenda! heart

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike B
Canada
Whitby
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Goeshi wrote:

I don't think it's Film Critic-proof. It would be similar to Explodapalooza where you access the agenda and can host it on Film Critic before the on-access ablilty fires.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Roman
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NinjaMike wrote:
Goeshi wrote:

I don't think it's Film Critic-proof. It would be similar to Explodapalooza where you access the agenda and can host it on Film Critic before the on-access ablilty fires.

Film Critic

Whenever you access an agenda, you may host that agenda on Film Critic (the agenda is no longer being accessed and is uninstalled). [Emphasis mine].

Sorry, but FC continues to be some serious hate for Kitara's 5/3 agendas. However, FC is on the restricted list, and the Corp has some ways around the Ebert-wannabe (Hunter-Seeker, Best Defense, Voter Intimidation, Skorpios).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Tamburo
United States
Justice
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep hoping Film Critic hits the banned list...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goeshi
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tommygunn2011 wrote:
NinjaMike wrote:
Goeshi wrote:

Film Critic

Whenever you access an agenda, you may host that agenda on Film Critic (the agenda is no longer being accessed and is uninstalled). [Emphasis mine].

Sorry, but FC continues to be some serious hate for Kitara's 5/3 agendas. However, FC is on the restricted list, and the Corp has some ways around the Ebert-wannabe (Hunter-Seeker, Best Defense, Voter Intimidation, Skorpios).

Boooo. I wasn't aware that was the sequencing. Damn. Guess MCAI is still a must-have

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Perry
United States
La Jolla
California
flag msg tools
Woot!
badge
I have overtext!
tommygunn2011 wrote:
NinjaMike wrote:
Goeshi wrote:

Film Critic

FC is Hunter Seeker hate, not the other way around
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.