Zombies, Run! The Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Confusion over which stacks to replenish? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Robinson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Dear Community,

Hopefully, I am not just shouting into the void here!

When you finish a mission it instructs you to "refresh opportunities" and "refresh zombies".

I know you don't renew the stacks - but what exactly do you shuffle?

You know - reading what I have just written I think I get it now... You literally just shuffle the cards back into their respective decks don't you *Facepalm*.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Blasco

Brier
Washington
msg tools
mbmb
My understanding is that you are just shuffling the discarded cards back into their stacks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Robinson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Yup, I feel rather foolish now! Nice to know someone is listening though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Six to Start
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi James and Mark,

We have a small section on page 11 that addresses this - "Refreshing Your Cards"! You've already figured it out but just to be clear to anyone else:

"Refresh Opportunities" just means shuffling any Opportunity Cards that you used up during your run back into the Opportunity Deck (NOT the Leader's Deck!).

"Refresh Zombies" just means shuffling any Zombie Cards that you've discarded - either because you escaped them or they caught you - back into the Zombie Deck.

This just ensures that your table setup doesn't get too confusing and you don't run out of cards midway through a run and end up having to shuffle then (inconvenient when you've got zombies breathing down your neck!).

--Ranjani

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.