Pandemic: Rising Tide» Forums » Rules

Subject: The Last Dike rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J M
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
On page 7 of the rule book, under the section describing DIKES FAIL, I'm confused as to how the dike removed in the associated image is actually the last dike.

In the example, when the Flevoland card is drawn the region must be degraded once, and of course that means if there are any dikes bordering that region one is removed. The rules state if there are multiple dikes to choose from when resolving this, the group can choose which one to remove. In the image though, it appears there were two other possible dikes that could have been removed: one between Flevoland and Noordoostpolder, and another to the east bordering an orange region.

What makes the dike between the two purple regions the 'last' dike in the Flevoland region? I have a few guesses, but any help is appreciated.

https://images-cdn.zmangames.com/us-east-1/filer_public/ef/d...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen Doumen
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Click to see this player's page
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that's mainly an oops - it's the last dike from the Markerwaard region, the other two dikes were possible choices for removal as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
Thank you kindly for the clarification. This is such a fantastic game, with such a great theme variation. Proost!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen Doumen
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I hope you keep enjoying the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joël
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmdsplotter wrote:

Is it also possible to remove a dike as a action? Sometimes that is nice option for the pumpoperations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen Doumen
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Joel22 wrote:
jmdsplotter wrote:

Is it also possible to remove a dike as a action? Sometimes that is nice option for the pumpoperations.

No.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.