15 Posts

Fallout» Forums » General

Subject: Quick summary of differemt classes? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan Curry
msg tools
mb
Can anyone provide a quick overview of the different classes and what their playstyles are like in the beginning? I know some of it will depend on your first special tokens but I'm just eagerly awaiting Christmas when I can open this fat boy up so I'm contemplating who I'll start with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mb
basketball_curry wrote:
...I'm just eagerly awaiting Christmas when I can open this fat boy up so I'm contemplating who I'll start with.

Oh, and to answer your question...I have no idea either, as I too am waiting to play!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Scatliff
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
It's about time, too.
badge
I hate overtext but love irony.
mbmbmbmbmb
Christmas is so stupid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
Strong the Super Mutant from Fallout 4 gave a great break down of each character.

Vault Dweller - "Weak like human."
Wastelander - "Still weak like human."
Brotherhood - "Tin Man not strong like Super Mutant."
Ghoul - "Not weak like flesh bag humans."
Super Mutant - "Super mutants destroy everything!"

Thanks Strong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Curry
msg tools
mb
Rook96 wrote:
Strong the Super Mutant from Fallout 4 gave a great break down of each character.

Vault Dweller - "Weak like human."
Wastelander - "Still weak like human."
Brotherhood - "Tin Man not strong like Super Mutant."
Ghoul - "Not weak like flesh bag humans."
Super Mutant - "Super mutants destroy everything!"

Thanks Strong.

Ha, just the kind of information I was looking for, thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
as. nielo
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You may argue but imo there is nothing of hardcore rpg class model that impacts the gameplay of Fallout dramatically depending on hero you play.

In fact, I wouldn't call them classes at all. Wastelander, Vault dweller and BoS outcast differences are very vague. It takes long time to level up dweller, outcast can take hist tin-can armour off to avoid slowing down and wastelander comes equipped with weapon from start, providing player with rerolls. If you were lucky all these extra abilities may be acquired to any character after three rounds.

The real difference is ghouls ability to heal on radiated terrain and fact that playing this one or super mutatn grants you with unique quest opportunities. You are the ugly guy and you feel the negative attitude of Wasteland inhabitants. But that merely define a class.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre G
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
kitzhubsch wrote:
You are the ugly guy and you feel the negative attitude of Wasteland inhabitants. But that merely define a class.

Story of my life
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hubbard
United States
Mullica Hill
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
There's not a lot of difference between them. 3 get an item to start with, 2 have a special ability.

Vault Dweller gets the Vault Suit, 1 point of armor and gets a reroll on E skill checks. Can also wear another piece of clothing on top of the suit.

Wastlander gets the Tire Iron, a weapon with a S reroll that can also be exhausted for another reroll. If the Wastelander doesn't get S as a starting trait (or from an early level up) it's not such a great weapon.

BOS Outcast gets Power Armor, 2 points of armor but your speed is reduced unless you pay 1 cap. 2 Armor is nice but that speed penalty is a little rough.

The Ghoul has slightly lower HP, but he doesn't gain rads, they heal him instead. He also starts with the Vilified trait so some encounter options are forced on him, but with the right choices you may be able to lose that trait.

The Super Mutant earns 1 XP for each rad he gains. This can help him level up quickly but building up rads will hurt in the long run so you can't go too crazy with it. His Super Mutant trait forces some encounter options, and not in a usually good way, and unlike Vilified there's no way to get rid of being a Super Mutant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Curry
msg tools
mb
Daverman wrote:
There's not a lot of difference between them. 3 get an item to start with, 2 have a special ability.

Vault Dweller gets the Vault Suit, 1 point of armor and gets a reroll on E skill checks. Can also wear another piece of clothing on top of the suit.

Wastlander gets the Tire Iron, a weapon with a S reroll that can also be exhausted for another reroll. If the Wastelander doesn't get S as a starting trait (or from an early level up) it's not such a great weapon.

BOS Outcast gets Power Armor, 2 points of armor but your speed is reduced unless you pay 1 cap. 2 Armor is nice but that speed penalty is a little rough.

The Ghoul has slightly lower HP, but he doesn't gain rads, they heal him instead. He also starts with the Vilified trait so some encounter options are forced on him, but with the right choices you may be able to lose that trait.

The Super Mutant earns 1 XP for each rad he gains. This can help him level up quickly but building up rads will hurt in the long run so you can't go too crazy with it. His Super Mutant trait forces some encounter options, and not in a usually good way, and unlike Vilified there's no way to get rid of being a Super Mutant.

Awesome, thanks for the break down. Sounds like the vault dweller is best off but I'll have to give them all a spin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
as. nielo
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Daverman wrote:

Aemhm... L is the starting stat of the Dweller, thats why he levels up slowly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brie
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kitzhubsch wrote:
Daverman wrote:

Aemhm... L is the starting stat of the Dweller, thats why he levels up slowly.

He doesn't level up any slower than the other characters. You bounce from filled in slot to filled in slot and skip the empties when you move the XP tracker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
as. nielo
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
briezee wrote:

He doesn't level up any slower than the other characters. You bounce from filled in slot to filled in slot and skip the empties when you move the XP tracker.

Very confising what you say there, what I got from the game is that you level up every time the experience peg passes the last letter in SPECIAL row. Since Dweller gots Luck from scratch he needs most experience points to gain level.

But I haven't seen the online rainbow coy, maybe thats the point

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Ant
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Daverman wrote:

Quick tip after playing him: REMOVE the armor at the beginning of any turn in which you want to move, otherwise you will never get anywhere. You can usually predict how likely it is that you will be attacked.

After all, your fellow gamers (probably) don't wear armor and they're doing just fine, in fact they're way ahead of you if you keep your Power Armor equipped at all times!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Scatliff
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
It's about time, too.
badge
I hate overtext but love irony.
mbmbmbmbmb
kitzhubsch wrote:
briezee wrote:

Very confising what you say there, what I got from the game is that you level up every time the experience peg passes the last letter in SPECIAL row. Since Dweller gots Luck from scratch he needs most experience points to gain level.

But I haven't seen the online rainbow coy, maybe thats the point

Yes, but you skip over the letters you don't have. Everybody starts with 2 letters, so everybody needs 3 XP to level up the first time, no matter which letters you start with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
as. nielo
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Smoo wrote:

Yes, but you skip over the letters you don't have. Everybody starts with 2 letters, so everybody needs 3 XP to level up the first time, no matter which letters you start with.

lol, tx for claryfing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.