Recommend
14 
 Thumb up
 Hide
20 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: [BN] Downforce or Oceanos - $20.97 + tax (free ship @ $25) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Snyder
United States
Hilltown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Barnes & Noble has Downforce for $20.97 + tax, after 25% off 1 item coupon WISHLIST (single use per address). Free shipping @ $25 or with membership.

CSI - $28.99

Same price for Oceanos (link) which is going for $31.99+ elsewhere

This is part of a 30% off game and toy sale that includes a few smaller games at OLGS prices that will get over the free shipping threshold...

Welcome BACK to the Dungeon - $10.46
Tides of Madness - $8.36

Edit: fixed coupon typo ... it's 25% off, not $25 off...and it's 30% off sale, not $30
14 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Free shipping even without $25 if you're a B&N member.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sygyzy
United States
Goleta
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting the deal, these are some great prices. I think the details might be a bit off though.

I added Oceanos to my cart for $27.69 and used WISHLIST. It took $6.99 off for a subtotal of 20.97. The coupon is not $25 off 1 item. It looks to be 25% off one item.

You can also use the code TIMETOGIVE to get 20% off $50. If you buy both Downforce and Oceanos, you can get them both, with free shipping for $44.74, which isn't bad!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
sygyzy wrote:
Thanks for posting the deal, these are some great prices. I think the details might be a bit off though.

I added Oceanos to my cart for $27.69 and used WISHLIST. It took $6.99 off for a subtotal of 20.97. The coupon is not $25 off 1 item. It looks to be 25% off one item.


The prices in the title and first post match yours. There's just a typo where he put the $ instead of %.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Young
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's also Above and Below for $26.22 shipped
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sygyzy
United States
Goleta
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
sygyzy wrote:
Thanks for posting the deal, these are some great prices. I think the details might be a bit off though.

I added Oceanos to my cart for $27.69 and used WISHLIST. It took $6.99 off for a subtotal of 20.97. The coupon is not $25 off 1 item. It looks to be 25% off one item.


The prices in the title and first post match yours. There's just a typo where he put the $ instead of %.


Right, and I was clarifying to help people out. This is a case where typos matter; do you think 25% is the same thing as $25 off?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
justin barnhill
United States
Oxford
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks OP; had a $5 kids club reward burning a hole in my pocket.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Scussel
United States
Longwood
FL
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Picked up Oceanos. I have had my eye on this for about 18 months and I think the kids will love it. Didn't want anything else so even with tax and $3.99 shipping it was only $26.49. Can't beat that.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Clarke
United States
Stamford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Enjoy Your Life!!
badge
Game On!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought Formula D. How does Downforce compare to that game? In any way similar?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sobhi Youssef
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Alchemists for $31ish
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MARISA S
United States
SUGARLAND
TX
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, OP!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Dickman
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
NuMystic wrote:
Free shipping even without $25 if you're a B&N member.
A

Also, if you're a member you might have a 30% off coupon email right now instead of the usual 20-25%. I got NMBR9 for like $14.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J V
United States
Florence
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
elclarkey wrote:
I just bought Formula D. How does Downforce compare to that game? In any way similar?


Not at all. Downforce is a tactical betting game, has a WAAAAY shorter playtime.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Ott
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Well that worked out. 30% member coupon brought A Column of Fire down to $29.72 (beats Amazon by a few bucks) and WISHLIST makes Timeline: Discoveries $7.85.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
botticus wrote:
Well that worked out. 30% member coupon brought A Column of Fire down to $29.72 (beats Amazon by a few bucks) and WISHLIST makes Timeline: Discoveries $7.85.

Whoa, you can use both on the same order?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Ott
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MentatYP wrote:
botticus wrote:
Well that worked out. 30% member coupon brought A Column of Fire down to $29.72 (beats Amazon by a few bucks) and WISHLIST makes Timeline: Discoveries $7.85.

Whoa, you can use both on the same order?

Sadly no, but free shipping for members makes that irrelevant.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamine Allen
United States
Grand Ledge
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got one, thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
sygyzy wrote:
NuMystic wrote:
sygyzy wrote:
Thanks for posting the deal, these are some great prices. I think the details might be a bit off though.

I added Oceanos to my cart for $27.69 and used WISHLIST. It took $6.99 off for a subtotal of 20.97. The coupon is not $25 off 1 item. It looks to be 25% off one item.


The prices in the title and first post match yours. There's just a typo where he put the $ instead of %.


Right, and I was clarifying to help people out.


I know, and I was just adding further clarification.

sygyzy wrote:
This is a case where typos matter; do you think 25% is the same thing as $25 off?


Of course not, but the context of the accurate discounts outlined in the title and post made it very clear that it was indeed just a typo.

Wasn't criticizing your post but since you said the "details might be off" rather than noting the single character typo, I was also wanting to make sure that folks didn't doubt the actual discounts outlined which were all perfectly on point.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike M
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TheRyno665 wrote:
NuMystic wrote:
Free shipping even without $25 if you're a B&N member.


Also, if you're a member you might have a 30% off coupon email right now instead of the usual 20-25%. I got NMBR9 for like $14.


How did you get NMBR9 down to $14? It won't let me apply the 30% coupon from my email to the game for some reason. I can apply "wishlist", which gets it down to $15.72.

Edit: Nevermind. Apparently my B&N.com account was linked with an old expired membership. I had to get them to switch it to my current membership, and now my coupon works.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chu
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Free ship coupon is freeship18.

I used the WISHLIST coupon in store, they had to do a manual discount since there was no numbers to type in.
Found it strange that the website had games on sale that was not in store. I got Portal for 26.xx with free shipping, the kiddies have been bugging me to get that one since they are such big fans of the video game.
Thanks
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.