6 Posts

The Dark Valley» Forums » General

Subject: removing control in Vassal module rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
alberto cherubini
msg tools
hallo,
it seems control markers in the vassal module can be removed shortly after placed, but not later on.

Is there a workaround? they hide the terrains etc, makes it hard to play.

(I cannot find an email address for the developer of the module)

thanks in advance
Alberto

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug DeMoss
United States
Stillwater
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a suggestion (no access to Vassal at the moment, nor have I used this module) - have you tried holding either shift or alt+shift down and clicking on the control markers?

If that works, this is a feature intended to help you avoid accidentally moving them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alberto cherubini
msg tools
actually my brother has done a quick hack to the module

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Alta Loma
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm the guy who made the Vassal module for this game. And demoss1 is correct, I designed the control markers to only be manipulated by holding the shift key down while clicking on them for the reason he stated, to avoid accidentally picking them up and moving them when you select a stack of units on top of a control marker. Sorry for the confusion, I'll have to add that to the module notes for the game on it's Vassal page.

Edit: Note also that clicking on the name of a module maintainer should send you to your email software with that person's email already filled in for you to send off a message.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy C
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Robert L Howard (Medal of Honor recipient)
mbmbmbmbmb

thanks Chris.

I am in awe of vassal module designers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alberto cherubini
msg tools
great thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.