flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ok, what i have is:
- about 12-14 WWI planes w/stands
- 4+ of the game mats
- all the card decks needed

what i'm looking for is:
- if playing with 2 of the mats we'd like to place a landing field at each end; one for each team
- you would need to line-up your "landing" and land, forfeit one turn, and then be allowed to take-off and rejoin the game (for a total of three turns)...and while on the ground maybe roll a D3 and be allowed to randomly remove the D3 results in damage cards (you've "repaired" some of your plane)
- we would also like to have each airstrip "protected" by 2 ground-air artillery units (i have the mini's we could use), that could shoot at any enemy planes trying to take out planes that are now on the ground
- and somehow any airborne planes would be allowed to try and attack any "landed planes" (while they are repairing)

so...any idea how to best implement this? what card(s) would you use for landing/take-off? how would you implement the air to ground fire, and also the artillery (ground to air fire)?

any/all suggestions would def be welcome! thanks...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Smith
United States
Kokomo
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you can find the Burning Drachens (balloon)expansion all the rules you need for anti-aircraft artillery are included in there along with the proper cards and markers. As for takeoff and landing, I believe the rules are in the instruction box that does not have any aircraft. The AAA rules may be in there too, been a long time since I looked. The rulebook in that set is also complete and has instructions for all aircraft aspects of the WWI game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Cross
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You might want to post this on WW1 forum... And also try The Aerodrome (https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/forum.php) as I think they have downloads showing how to land/ take off with the card sequences you need to follow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Given the time sequence somewhat simulated by the game cards, sitting on the ground for one turn to both re-ammo, refuel, and repair damage would be something beyond a Grand Prix pit-stop.

You might find a lot more fun than you imagine just running scenarios where ground targets are attacked or defended. Any "focused" scenario that goes beyond "fly around and shoot at each other" ends up being a lot more fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Wings of Glory: WW1 Rules and Accessories Pack has all the rules for landing, take-off, balloons, AA fire and so on. It is a complete collection of all the rules.

For WW2 there is also an analogous Wings of Glory: WW2 Rules and Accessories Pack, whose contents are also in the Wings of Glory: WW2 Battle of Britain Starter Set
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.